Power problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
Just got back from th marina a little while ago. While I was out in the ocean today I went to start the boat and had no power at the key switch. Everything else powered up but there was no power to include the guages. After I called boaters us for a tow I started to play with the wires in the back of the switch. Some how what ever I did took care of the problem. When I got back to the dock I tried to duplicate the problem but could not. Anyone else ever have a similiar problem at the switch or any advice to fix or avoid the problem in the future? It was quite an experience with with 6 teenagers on board.
George

Yes, I had a similar incident once...but not on a Parker. Just wanted to get that out of the way....
I was headed offshore and suddenly lost all power. I stopped, shut everything down, and powered back up. About 30 secs later the same thing happened again. I found that the power cables on the back of my battery selector switch had worked loose..I tightened them down, put some Loctite on them, and went on my way. Never happened again. If I were you I would pull and clean all the electrical connections that you can find on your boat. Something has probably oxidized, corroded or worked itself loose from vibration.
Good luck and good fishing!
Steve

Most intermittent behavior like that can be traced to loose connections or broken wires (internal break not always visible on the plastic coating).

I'd check all connectors behind the helm...also check for a pinched/broken wire.

As a precaution, you may want to remove all of the connectors (one by one), clean, reinstall, and then spray with a corrosion blocking material.

Dave

aka

I have a 2007, 2320 W/ Yamaha f250. The main power cable from the Battery to the engine terminal worked its way loose and caused intermittent electrical problems.
Remove motor cover and check both the main ground and positive cables to insure they are tight. On mine, a nut worked loose under the rubber boot. Hope this helps.

Once again, thanks for the advice. I started with the battery terminals and connections behind the key starter. Cleaned and tightened all terminals. I will also check on the grounds on the motor and see what happens. George

Back