Price on a Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock On!

Reaction score
I am thinking about selling my 2004 Parker 2501 CC. She has the deep V hull and has twin Yamaha 225 4strokes on her. The motors have 1200 hours on them and they have been serviced religiously every 100 hours by me and the previous owner. I have the original Furuno GPS and a Furuno Sounder. I added a Lowrance HDS7 Touch Screen with Side Scan. I recently added a folddown Cobia Tower that has the steering station but I have not yet added the throttles for the motors. I also have a Load Rite double axle trailer that I keep her on in the winter and the rest of the time she is stored in a dry stack. She also has the 225 gallon fuel tank, a live well, marine radio, and cd player with marine speakers. The question I have is what is fair asking price for this boat that is fair to me and the buyer. She has been a good boat to me and I would like to hand her off to someone who will enjoy her as much as we have. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• parkerboat.jpg
    parkerboat.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 521
First, you have a really nice boat. Pure fishing machine in my opinion. Anyway, I found your question very interesting so I just spent the last 30 minutes researching your situation (which I enjoy doing :lol: ) and this is what I definitively came up with........

Nothing informative :oops: . I have never been this stumped researching a boat before, and this was one I thought would be easy, but they truly are rarer than I thought.

On this site alone I went back 4 years and found comparable ones between 2006through 2009 that ranged in price between low 30's to high 60's :| . I also did a little searching on other sites and still never found one your year but anywhere from 05-08 usually listed between mid40's to mid 60's. Saw one 2001 in the upper 20's. Bottom line is, I have been of no help to you :roll: but here is what I think I would do (besides listen to more knowledgeable guys that may reply).

Find out first what the bank may give someone if they were to finance it then don't forget to add your trailer to the value. Secondly, I would ensure buyers piece of mind with your motors because they do fall in the years that the yamaha 225 had some expensive exhaust corrosion issues (thoroughly talked about on this site). If you have had that taken care of, great (that's huge) just make sure you have the receipts because some people won't even look at those motors if they haven't been corrected. Thirdly, besides posting it on this site I would definitely post it on sites where ocean fisherman frequent because that is a great boat for going far offshore (225 gals, twin engines, dual stations...). The hull truth would be a great place for you to post it. Lastly, I recommend giving yourself room to negotiate because you may have to (just the nature of boat buying/selling) I really think it would sell rather easily though, it is a great boat.
Anyway, wish I could have been more useful but hopefully others will chime it. Best of luck

Rock On!":2jrz84ua said:
I am thinking about selling my 2004 Parker 2501 CC. She has the deep V hull and has twin Yamaha 225 4strokes on her. The motors have 1200 hours on them and they have been serviced religiously every 100 hours by me and the previous owner. I have the original Furuno GPS and a Furuno Sounder. I added a Lowrance HDS7 Touch Screen with Side Scan. I recently added a folddown Cobia Tower that has the steering station but I have not yet added the throttles for the motors. I also have a Load Rite double axle trailer that I keep her on in the winter and the rest of the time she is stored in a dry stack. She also has the 225 gallon fuel tank, a live well, marine radio, and cd player with marine speakers. The question I have is what is fair asking price for this boat that is fair to me and the buyer. She has been a good boat to me and I would like to hand her off to someone who will enjoy her as much as we have. Thanks for the help.

You will need to become quite familiar with "Yamaha F225 Midsection Exhaust Corrosion". Google will be helpful. Your engines may or may not have the midsection corrosion issue but given the model year of your engines questions about this are sure to arise during the sale process.

Great looking boat, best of luck with your sale........

Mpellet":v44owf9h said:
Rock On!":v44owf9h said:

You will need to become quite familiar with "Yamaha F225 Midsection Exhaust Corrosion". Google will be helpful. Your engines may or may not have the midsection corrosion issue but given the model year of your engines questions about this are sure to arise during the sale process.

Great looking boat, best of luck with your sale........

Ya I would agree, the engines are a wildcard. I just spent a year Parker shopping, and where many people thought a 200HP was a little under-powered for a 2320, the bad part about that, was for the years I could afford, any upgrade was usually with the 225 Yamaha. After some research I was scared off of those and was about to give up the hunt when I found a 2320 re-powered with an Evinrude. I never did come up with a conclusive answer to the question, would the exhaust repair actually remedy the problem, or delay it happening again? If you have not have had the exhaust kits installed on your engines it is going to hurt you. If I remember right I think I read where fixing the problem would be 700-800 per engine, but since that is such a nice boat it might be worth it to spend $1600 to get 10K more in sale.

No expert here, just thinking out loud. Why are you getting rid of her?

A potential buyer can have the engines and their exhaust passages scoped by a Yamaha tech, for piece of mind. That's what I did, even though I was buying a 2009 motor outside of the problem years. it was worth the $200 paid to the mechanic on such a large purchase. I would be concerned about that year. From what I've read, the corrosion starts happening predictably at around 500 hours, so at this point at 1200 hours, they either have it, they've had the kit installed and been fixed, or they are some of the lucky ones that never had the issue.

I shopped for 8 months, 2501s don't come around all that often. I almost bought a 2007 2500 SE for 38k, but was beaten to the punch by somebody with the same offer.

My wild guess, if you can confirm to a potential buyer no corrosion issues, is its worth somewhere in the mid-30s, give or take depending on condition. You mention you haven't added the throttles back to the boat after adding a tower. I'm assuming your going to do that before trying to sell it. A boat someone can't sea trial and is a project is worth a heck of a lot less, than a good running boat ready to fish.

You are just down the road from Dare Marine in Yorktown. They are a Parker dealer and very knowledgeable about the boats. I bought my 1801 from them. Call Mike Hanna (the owner) and ask him. He will be willing to talk to you even if you think you don't want to list it with him. And you might decide that's the best way to sell it. Once you get to a certain dollar point it is very difficult to sell a boat yourself.

I plug Dare Marine so often here that people probably think Mike is married to my sister or something. :>) That's not the case... I'm a marine surveyor and have been in and out of Mike's business 20 years or so. Great people.

Check out NADAguides/boats. You can "build" your boat, including trailer and options and get new price as well as average condition price.
There is a section for motors and one for trailers.
You will probably want to know these numbers since banks use this as a lending guide.

Thanks guys for all the input. As for the engines they have been scoped and I have no problems there and I was aware of the 225 issue. Everybody made good points and I will put them together and come up with a figure. For one of the guys who asked where I dry stack her I store her at OBX Marina in Wanchese the home of Wicked Tuna.

Rock on, with the engines already scoped you are in great shape to get good money for your boat. Most of the 2501 I did see were 150 twins. Yours having the 225s should be a big benefit to you. Sorry we didn't have a more definitive answer for you but I think once you have it listed you will start getting responses quick. Best of luck, kind of wish I was in the market for it.

Back