prop for a c-hawk 29

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ-hawk 29

Reaction score
hello all been lurking on this board for a awhile i just got a 29 c-hawk sport cabin that i repowered with a new 300 suzuki. the boat specs are 29'loa, 10 beam, 5700 dry weight, single engine bracket, 15 degree deadrise. anyone here might have a opinion on what prop dimensions to go with. from what i understand the deep vee 25xld sport cabins are heavier and have more deadrise than my 29 hawk. maybe a better comparison would be a heavily loaded mod vee 25 since the deadrise is similar any thoughts??

was thinking maybe the mirage plus 15 3/4 x 15 anyone using one?
or possibly a four blade i dont anything about them though.

I would try the 15pitch Mirage Plus and the 15pitch Enertia to start off. You dont want to drop below 15 pitch if possible. Anything less than that and the blades become very flat and performance drops off quickly.

I have a 25ft Bertram Flybridge with a single 225hp. I have seen over 40mph with the Enertia 15pitch. I gained 2 mph over the Mirage with the Enertia.

The best part of the Enertia is its available in every inch from 14 up.

Please post a picture of your boat.

if you have a suzuki stick with their props. They are not actually the pitch thats stamped on them so its hard to get a good first try at it. also they typically run a much larger diameter.

MJ=hawk 29

Have you tried calling Power Tech. There was a response to a post on this site where a guy was dealing with Prop Gods and was referred to the Tech Dept. at Power Tech about his Suzuki prop issue. I have located the previous post so as I wont have to repeat it. Last year Mercury had a problem filling orders and folks were going to Powertech, even Dale our moderator. Only heard good things about them. :wink:

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... power+tech

Back