Prop selection for F250 on 08 23 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off2sleep

Reaction score
I have a 2008 23DVCC with a F250. I'm looking for a different prop. I have a black 3 blade SS 15x17 that's on it now. The specs that I've seen on this blog are similar to what I'm getting. Anybody out there with a F250 on a 23 CC that changed to a merc 4 blade 19? Ive been reading about motor hole mount height and increasing size of tabs from 12 to 18 all this to increase performance. Any suggestions would help greatly.

Off2sleep,

I have a 2006 2300 DVCC,I changed my prop to a Rev 4 17 and also did the tab change to 12 x 18,big differances,I strongly recommend these changes.

I can not give you numbers as I do not worry about fuel consumption as I boat off the FL Keys and reef is within minutes reach.

Robert

Rule of thumb for most part with props is larger diameter for heavier boats. If you get good performance and dont load up the boat that often then youre prop you have is fine. If you feel like you could use some stern lift then a Rev 4 would be a good option. Bigger tabs maybe all depends on what you do and what you arent happy with. My 2530 had the twin 225s on the back and everyone sitting back there so to me it made alot of sense to put different props and bigger tabs. Plus i always loaded up the boat with dive tanks or Bahama gear. Just because its on here doesnt mean you have to do it. I think a Mirage plus on the cc would be a good choice if you were looking to switch to something different.

I went with a PowerTech OFS4, 20" pitch. I tried the Rev 4 but she spun a bunch of RPM and the boat went nowhere. I then tried a Merc Mirage 4 blade and and while the it was pitched for the proper rpm band it just didnt have enough "umpf" to punch to push the boat.
After talking with my Suzuki dealer and Ken at Prop Gods I went with the PowerTech. The Zuke likes to swing a larger diameter prop and it's geared differently than the Yammie's.
Call Ken at PropGods or call tech support at Power Tech.

Back