PROPER PROP ??? Parker 2820, with Yamaha F250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legal Limit

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my PROPS SPINNING. Perhaps I have the wrong size props for my engines.

I have Yamaha F 250's, with the Yamaha Saltwater Series II Props. The prop size is 21-T, 15.

I have been told that the props have the PRESS-IN, RUBBER HUBS.

I have been told that the BETTER hubs are the Square Hubs, which are not available on the Yamaha Props.

Can you recommend a different, or better Prop for my ENGING and BOAT.

Thanks.

Are you sure they are spinning? I am dealing with the same issue. But first I thought they were spinning now after rehubbing . I think they are venting in rough sea conditions. You may want to mark your prop and your hub and check next time it happens to see if they are still inline. I have heard of cupping can help this but I don't know anyone in the prop buisness near me to help.

21 pitch is way to high for that boat, you should be around 17 or 19, that is why you are spinning hubs.

I would also go to a 4 blade if you think they are venting.

Prop gods will set you right.

I am running a mirage 15 1/4 x 19 on my 25 SE and am turning 5950rpms. So you would need at least a 15 1/4 x 17 if not a 15.

Thank you very much for the replies....

I have spoken with YAMAHA -- they tell me that the props are the right ones for my engine & boat.
I have spoken with PARKER -- they tell me that the props are the right ones for my engine and boat.

Parker has suggested that I can go with the MERCURY props, and add a hub spacer. I am wondering if this will allow me to use the Square Hubs. If so, I think I am inclined to go that route. As for now, it is not a very comforting and secure feeling to go 80 miles off shore, and fear that I may spin a hub, and have to crawl home at 10mph. I have had to do that twice in the last year.

Thanks for the thoughts.

You can run the Mercury props with no problem as long as you use the correct thust hub and kit. I can not remember what the part #s were but I use a Mercury type IV on my Mirage 15 1/4 X 19. On Yamaha F250.

Back