Question re winter cover ideas for 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemo sabe

Reaction score
Guys - I have certainly enjoyed the left over 2320 that I launched this season. Had planned to go with a 21 but found a left over 2320 at the last minute about a year ago. It did not move because it had a 200 V6 instead of the 250. The 200 has proven great for my purposes and I was able to get a full transom with bracket and an extra wheel and controls in the cockpit. Sea Duck has been super and I am looking forward to many seasons use.

While I am planning to have the boat wrapped this fall, I will have more time next year and wonder if I could fabricate a decent support for using a couple tarps (shingled) instead of wasting $ 300.00 plus every year on wrap. Seems like with a pilot house, I might just have to extend some frame work over the deck and a little over the bow etc. and then add some good quality poly tarps with a solid tie down etc. We do get a fair amount of snow here is MA and I realize any sag or belly will collect snow that turns to ice.

If any of you have done something like this on a pilot house for winter storage and can advise Pro or Con I would greatly appreciate learning how this worked.

thanks -
sarge
f/v sea duck

making your own stand and cover doesn't take long. you could probably get it done in an afternoon. 2x4"s, a few of the hinged metal supports used to build saw horse's and a nice size winter tarp which you can order online from any boat supply. some old carpet and some duct tape to cover any sharp edges that might puncture the tarp. screw the frame together so that you can disassemble and reuse every year. PM me if you have never built one and I would be more than glad to guide you thru it. Mike

I use pvc pipe. Snaps together and apart easily for re-use. THe cross pieces have enough tension to keep the tarp from sagging too much. I'll go out and brush off snow a few times during the winter. It's a work in progress, I kept the same system from a previous boat. I need to add another 2 vertical supports but that's easy enough to do.

S0061325_zpsc4f01382.jpg

S0071326_zps27d68259.jpg

S0051324_zpscba5509c.jpg

Photoguy":1yv9vfzg said:
I use pvc pipe. Snaps together and apart easily for re-use. THe cross pieces have enough tension to keep the tarp from sagging too much. I'll go out and brush off snow a few times during the winter. It's a work in progress, I kept the same system from a previous boat. I need to add another 2 vertical supports but that's easy enough to do.

I did this recently with my 21' skiff, but not quite as elaborate as photoguy's since my boat is smaller and it doesn't need to stand up to snow loads. PVC is easy to work with -- lighter, easier to cut, no hard corners -- and with the various available fittings (T's, elbows, 45 deg sleeves, etc.) it was a breeze to assemble the framework. No glue or fasteners are required. And, like photoguy said, it's easy to take apart and stow when i don't need it.

Photoguy and badfish, thanks for your ideas and the pictures........never would have thought of running a rope through pvc to bend it to shape !

Back