Radar 2320 SL -Garmin 740s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks sweet, Hey question about that vent... Do those vents point in that direction? I would have thought they would face the otherway so water doesn't get in it? I don't have one and really don't understand what they are for. I think I read a post or two about moisture inside a closed cabin but I haven't noticed that as a problem yet. Should I have one of these?

Smittles1179":he28s5ej said:
looks sweet, Hey question about that vent... Do those vents point in that direction? I would have thought they would face the otherway so water doesn't get in it? I don't have one and really don't understand what they are for. I think I read a post or two about moisture inside a closed cabin but I haven't noticed that as a problem yet. Should I have one of these?

The Dorade Vent came with the boat when I purchased her last year. The purpose is to help ventilate the pilot house, this will help minimize moisture in the cabin and the pitting around the windows. The vent is designed not to allow water into the pilot house. I have driven her in the rain and have not experience any water coming in.

Would I put one in if the boat didn't come with it? Not sure. I still keep the window slightly open and the internal port window vents too.

Attachments

• Vent.JPG
    Vent.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 149
warthog5":cs02o1nd said:
jutah09.... Can you give me a height measurement of the mount and Radom?

It's a six inch stand, I will try to get down to the boat this weekend and measure from top to bottom...

Back