Radar Tower Refresh

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent":3viv6awr said:
How does power coating compared to paint?
Last summer I had my leaning post re-powder coated.
While I was researching the project I read that there was not much difference between powder coat and wet coat as far as how the finish holds up
if prepped the same. The thing about powder coating is it does not use the solvents which pollute the air.

Radar tower painted and dome all bolted up and ready to go on top of the house, just waiting for a GPS antenna.

Anyone got a Garmin GA 29 laying around they want to get rid of?? Used OK.

Attachments

• radar.JPG
    radar.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 732
Ooohhh, Mongo likes the concept of adding the horn under the dome ...

Thats a great idea for horn placement . Im going to use that one ,and put it on my upgrade list when my horns fail

Steve Passing Thru 2120

Got it all bolted up today which was no small feat carrying the whole unit with all the wires hanging up the ladder by myself but I came up with a plan.

Happy with the way it looks got to run and hook up all the wiring to my liking, hard part is done, gonna throw the boat in Saturday and work on the rest in the water.

Attachments

• XIMG_2120.jpg
    XIMG_2120.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 31
  • XIMG_2119.jpg
    XIMG_2119.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 30
  • XIMG_2117.jpg
    XIMG_2117.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 30
That really came together nicely.

Looking at your horn..........I think next time I need to replace mine I will somehow angle it downwards more to keep the water out which gets in there during rough seas. Your setup looks like it would be easy to adjust the horn any way you want to minimize water intrusion.

Usually they had support toward the front on the horns also.

But having bought all stainless ones in the past and still had the Damn thing's fail I'm going with the All Stainless drop In style this time. Planning to mount it in the unsderside of the crows nest console.

Look at item 10037 for a deflector.

http://www.ongaromarine.com/horns.htm

That horn is the short style, didn't come with support but I actually made one out of an old set of horns but decided against it for aesthetics. Easily added later if needed.

Also, this is an air horn with plastic diaphragm SOOOOO, it shouldn't fail, at least that's what it says on the package. We'll see.

It does have a slight downward angle too.

Now I got to pull the old, non working horns of the pilot house and do a little grouperjim gelcoat repair. :D

Bryan 2530":8kcvek1k said:
Also, this is an air horn with plastic diaphragm SOOOOO, it shouldn't fail, at least that's what it says on the package. We'll see.

Didn't know they had horns with diaphragms..........sounds exactly like what I need.

Just got a chance to hook up the air horn in the boat in its installed configuration.

Thoroughly impressed.

Had to replace the cheap, made in Taiwan push button horn switch from Parker with a Cole Herse because its corrodedness was holding back amps. No biggie. Now we will see if the horn itself lasts and the compressor. Only time will tell.

Back