Raising motor 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pacificpunisher":1ysfdj69 said:
Yes i used 5200

I moved mine up to the last hole also I used "Life Caulk" not 5200!!
That is what the Boat shops use and you may need to get that motor off one day.

If you use 3M 5200and it properly sets up you wont get the motor off the hull again without damaging the finish of the boat.....don't use it! Use LifeCalk from Boat Life or similar.

As to raising the motor, If the boat came from Parker with that motor already installed then it is set correctly. Parker spends a great deal of time generating Performance reports and publishes them stating the best performance achieved and notates the engine mounting position for just this reason. While you may gain 1-2 MPH higher speed you will most likely ventilate the propeller as soon as you start a turn at speed causing your RPM's to go up and the boat speed will drop off dramatically.

This is just my opinion but it also what I do for a living.

Good luck.

@ Sam3,

I have a 2310 with a platform and purchased a new Yamaha 250 two years ago to replace my 225. It was installed by a non-Parker dealer using the top hole on the mount and the top hole on the engine. However, the 250 engine is a bit heaver then the 225 and It just seems to be slower out of the hole.

So this past winter I contacted Parker Marine and spoke with their Engineer, Eric Denton, who said that my 250 should have been mounted in the top hole of the bracket and in the second hole down on the engine.

Eric also said that that, in general, by randomly raising your engine you risk the chance of engine cavitation during acceleration and or at cruising speeds under normal sea conditions. He said that Parker Marine engineering establishes engine height settings through testing to give their boats the best desired performance and economy. Just wanted to pass this on since I had recently talked to them.

I do have a question for anyone who has lifted their engine, now that I know the correct height, what is the best way to lift the beast to move mine up one notch???

Thanks

Use a bedding compound like Life Caulk or 3M 101. I removed a 200 Merc from a Grady. It was bedded with 5200. I removed all 4 bolts and the damn motor STAYED on the transom with just the 5200! Just a little over-kill...

thanx walt I am taking mine to a mechanic with a lift I think I will call parker I also have a 9.9 kicker adding about 80 lbs your pics are great what yr is your2310 mine is 2000 looks simaler

Back