raising ob

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAJSKI

Reaction score
I have a 2011 2320 with 225 4s mounted on a bracket I leveled the boat and motor the motor is 2 3/4" above the bottom of hull. I am going to raise the motor 1 hole it is on second hole the wot is 5400 Yahama 17t prop, the reason for lifting 1 hole the cavitation plate is below water I said all that to ask this. The guy I took my prop to said should be 1/2" above bottom but wasn't sure what effect bracket mount compared to transom mount makes. I know when I am docked with o/b lower unit full up o/b doesn't touch water I also have a 9.9 4s kicker mounted on port side. Iknow some one has some good info or explanation

I raised my motor two years ago, and my only regret is that it took me so long to do it.
As bought (photo 1), my motor was all the way down so I raised it two holes (photo 2).
If I had it to do over again, I would have raised it all the way up (and still might do so).
The performance difference was dramatic after she was raised.

You might want to re-think only moving up one hole, tho you know your boat better than I do.
I'm only commenting because I think if you are going to do it, one hole may not be enough.

Attachments

• 01 motor before.jpg
    01 motor before.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
  • 02 motor raised.jpg
    02 motor raised.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
Megabyte":1auyhyh1 said:
I raised my motor two years ago, and my only regret is that it took me so long to do it.
As bought (photo 1), my motor was all the way down so I raised it two holes (photo 2).
If I had it to do over again, I would have raised it all the way up (and still might do so).
The performance difference was dramatic after she was raised.

You might want to re-think only moving up one hole, tho you know your boat better than I do.
I'm only commenting because I think if you are going to do it, one hole may not be enough.
Don't bring the motor all the way up. I movey motor 3 times and I'm at the same hole as you are now. Bringing it up all the way was to much. With just in boat motor was slipping and the RPM would jump up to 5700 when running at. 5400. Forget about making any turns.

Back