raymarine opdate issues

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottymac.mac

Reaction score
I have a c70 unit with gps and fishfinder, I just added radar to my boat. The radar unit does not turn on, i have been told to do an update to my MFD unit using a CF card. I tried this several times, I formatted the card and did the raymarine check to verify the card would work, saved the files to the card, then put the card in the MFD powered up and nothing happened. I went to the data screen and selected transfer data and no data could be found. I even tried to back up my data thats in the ubit and no go there. Any suggestions??

Scottymac.mac

Scotty, go to the Raymarine website and print the direstions for Upgrading the C-Series display. It sounds as if you are not prompting the display to read the card. I downloaded here for you. If you print it from the website it has some pictures to go along with the directions, then you can take it out to your boat while doing the download.

Upgrading the C-Series or E-Series MFD

Now that you have backed up your data for safe keeping, we will upgrade the MFD software.

Turn off the power to your MFD unit, and remove any installed Navionics Chart or CF memory cards.
Insert the CF memory card containing you just prepared into the card slot on your C-Series or E-Series MFD.
Turn on the MFD unit's power with the red power button.
The MFD will power up to a Software Update Utility screen like that pictured below.

In the column on the left under "Upgrade Packages Available" there should be a single file listed. Its name corresponds to the name of the PKG file that you copied to your CF memory card.

Note:In the event this CF memory card has been used for previous upgrades of the MFD, you may see previous upgrade packages available as well. Highlight the one corresponding to the latest software version using the track pad control.
Press the soft key labeled "UPGRADE THIS UNIT."

You will see first a single bar, then a double-bar progress indicator appear indicating that the software is being transferred. This process can take up to 90 seconds.

When the progress indicator reaches 100%, it will disappear to indicate that the software upgrade is complete.
Remove the upgrade card from the card reader slot.
Press the soft key labeled "REBOOT."

The MFD will restart and come up in normal operating mode.
You can confirm that the upgrade was successful by examining the "Navigation Warning" dialog box that appears at startup. The software version installed in the MFD is indicated on the lower right corner of the box, as illustrated below and circled in magenta.

Press the OK to continue as you normally would.
As a final step in the process we must reset the MFD for the final initialization of the new software to occur. Press and hold down the power key until the MFD shuts off.
Press and hold down the left-most soft key, while simultaneously pressing the releasing the power key. The MFD will power on, then the words "Factory Reset" and a countdown 3...2...1 appear. You must hold in the left-most soft key throughout the entire countdown.
The MFD will then restart. When the "Limitations of Use" disclaimer appears, press OK to accept the terms.
Power off the MFD.
Press and hold down the left-most soft key, while simultaneously pressing the releasing the power key to perform a second Factory Reset. The MFD will power on, then the words "Factory Reset" and a countdown 3...2...1 appear. You must hold in the left-most soft key throughout the entire countdown.
The MFD will then restart. When the "Limitations of Use" disclaimer appears, press OK to accept the terms. You may reinsert your Navionics Chart card at any time

I followed those same directions, but when I insert the cf card into the MFD nothing happens. I cant even find the files, if i check for the files on the card in a pc they are there???? Im really lost on this one.m its li the MFD wont read the card

Scottyman.mac

Scott, I am not there so it is hard to know what is exactly happening. This is a long shot but I will throw it out there. As I understand it you have to have a 32MB card (I have read threads of this before on THT). If you use a larger card ie 1GB or so you have to format it before putting the update on it, to be read by the display. It seems the industry is in to bigger cards these days with cameras and such that the smaller cards are hard to find. Maybe that is why your computor is able to find it on the card? I have an old 32MB sandisk that I bought a long time ago, I use it and it works perfect. Raymarine also has a program to get the card from them for a small fee but you must return it in a short time for the refund.

Good Luck

For what it may be worth,,,,,,Cards can be formated in several different formats mainly, "fat" or 'fat32" there are others, but these two are the main choices most of the time.

See what you are formating the card as and try the other, should have a drop down window,,,,i seen it help in other equipment I work with.

thanks guys, I am trying a smaller card in the am, I have been using a 4g card and others have told me it may be to big to use,Ill keep you posted if it dosent work,......I ll nedd more ideas

4gig is too big the C70 will not be able to see it. Get a small SanDisc card.

Make sure the update in in the root directory.

Extract the just the update from the download and place on your desk top. Open the drive your card is in and drag the update to that drive. Make sure nothing else is on the disk. The C70 cannot search for the file it needs to be in the root directory. Insert in C70 and follow prcedure.

I had Tri State Marine load a card for me and test it, well what worked for them would not work for me. After putting card in and starting unit up, still nothing???? Guess my next option is to send the unit to Raymarine for them to figure out. I cant figure out why all my maps work for Cf card for updates will not work. I used a small Navionics card with updates on it from the factory and it would not work.

For what it's worth, I remember having the same issue last time I did an update. I kept formatting, kept downloading the update but the display wouldn't accept it. Turns out I needed a new card. Don't ask me why, the card works for other applications but the display wouldn't take it. Also, make sure it's a Sandisk card...
Just one more thing to make you nuts. When it works properly, it goes into an update screen as soon as you reboot the unit. Hope this helps. Good Luck! :roll:

thanks for all your guys, I got it working today. I tried 3 different scan disk brand cards, 1 navionics but none worked. I called raymarine and for 40 bucks they sent me a 512mb scan disk card with the download on it, put ot in and I have the updates......now I just half to figure out how to use the radar!!!! thanks agian, great help on this site

Back