Recommendations for HD trolling rod holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Like many (all?) Parkers, I have three flush mount rod holders in each gunwale - two angled straight back, and the center one angled out and back. I'm trying to get a better setup for trolling for salmon, etc. I've tried clamp-on units mounted to the grab handles on the rear of the house and they just spin and chew up the grab handle when I start trolling a 3lb weight.

Curious if something like this will work in the the forward rear-facing rod holder:
00000121.png

Or does anyone have something else that has worked well? I want something temporary, as 85% of the time the boat is used for diving/spearfishing but once in a while....

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

The out rodders are great and we use them all the time trolling wireline for Striped Bass. You should have no problems. Check out Tony Maja out rodders-they are angled the same way, but pivot up so it makes it much easier to take the rod out of the rod holder

I have tried that style or rod holder in the past with poor results. Worst problem is they tend to come out of the gunnel rod holder when you go to remove the rod and in the drink they go. I use a heavy duty Scotty rod holders that lock in place, this one happens to mounted to a Scotty downrigger base.

90_rodh.jpg

samsims":3dga3ewy said:
I have tried that style or rod holder in the past with poor results. Worst problem is they tend to come out of the gunnel rod holder when you go to remove the rod and in the drink they go. I use a heavy duty Scotty rod holders that lock in place, this one happens to mounted to a Scotty downrigger base.

90_rodh.jpg

I don't think those plastic Scotty mounts would hold up to the stress of trolling 4 lb weights at 3 mph... There's a LOT of twisting force being applied at the handle.

Attachments

• RH7220.JPG
    RH7220.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 679
  • RH7220jpg.JPG
    RH7220jpg.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 680
  • RH7220stmjpg.JPG
    RH7220stmjpg.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 680
i had those Burnewiin's on my old boat they were a gift and were sold with the old boat they were AMAZING and since i do not troll too much any more as i moved my new Parker in 2009 to Montauk still dont have a need to troll ...

But if you got the dough buy them and also buy the insert accessories they are awesome especially the knife one !!!

ReelyNauti":hybj8qms said:
i had those Burnewiin's on my old boat they were a gift and were sold with the old boat they were AMAZING and since i do not troll too much any more as i moved my new Parker in 2009 to Montauk still dont have a need to troll ...

But if you got the dough buy them and also buy the insert accessories they are awesome especially the knife one !!!

8)

$420 each for those Burnewinns :?: ?

Damn, I'm in the wrong bizness ... :shock:

Yes but they would give me something to admire and gently polish :lol:
Hey I'm sure we would get a lot of years of pleasure out of those things
Divided it up and its just the initial hit that hurts for a minute :p
Shure due look perdy though!
Maybe soon :roll:

Attachments

• RH7220jpg.JPG
    RH7220jpg.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 374
^^^^^^im with you. I just didnt want to be the first one to say it. They seem like they would be in the way.

Back