remote spotlight recomendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clam Power

Reaction score
I see from many of the photos that many of you have remote spotlights mounted on your SCs.

I'm looking for brand/model recomendations and mounting location recomendations. I was thinking front and center on top the cabin, but I see some guys have it mounted on the pulpit rail. The rail seems like it would be good when using it, but in the way, and blocking the pilots view in the day time.

I welcome any thoughts or opinions. Thanks

I'm also very interested. This will be my next project. The hand held spotlight out the window is starting to get old.

Take a look at this post

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... =spotlight

I plan on using a removable mount on the bow pulpit rail. Just put in on when I need it. Take it off when I don't. I'll just run the wires through the window.

It wasn't a problem when I had the 18, I just used a maglite. But in the SC it's kind of a pain holding it out the window.

mines mounted up on the bow rail. i can honestly say that its never been an issue in terms of obstructing the helmsman's vision. also, having it up there eliminates many of the light reflection problems that having it mounted further back creates. that would be my preferred location.

I have a Guest Beamer Spot/Flood light mounted on the front lip of my cabin. The glare that reflects off of the forward deck, pulpit and rail is significant. It's OK if there is something else for the light to reflect off of such as when you are in a marina. But if you are using it as a search light and there is nothing else for the light to reflect off of, you will not see much more than the front of your boat. The guys mounting it on the front deck or pulpit have the right idea.

Primo":39q5i4xp said:
I have a Guest Beamer Spot/Flood light mounted on the front lip of my cabin. The glare that reflects off of the forward deck, pulpit and rail is significant. It's OK if there is something else for the light to reflect off of such as when you are in a marina. But if you are using it as a search light and there is nothing else for the light to reflect off of, you will not see much more than the front of your boat. The guys mounting it on the front deck or pulpit have the right idea.

Ditto my my 2520. Front and center of the cabin roof and glare is a problem off the front of the boat.

I took an idea from Tara11 out on the west coast who also mounted his on the pulpit
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5283&highlight=light

The white Golight housing seems to cause me a problem in that it glows and affects my vision unless there is a close object for reflection.

in order to avoid things that might make my Parker go bump in the night, I mounted a 5X7 llight under the pulpit to light up the stray lobster trap bouys that always seem to be in the channel :wink:

For close in docking I mounted lights on my radar mount, http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6920&highlight=light (at the end of the thread)

Think it through and post the pics when you are done :D

How is that light under the pulpit??

I have been wanting to do that, we had one on my Dads 30 tournament Chris years ago but it would get water in it and burn the bulb every other season or so.

I was thinking about building a sealed LED light but haven't got around to it yet, that location was perfect. Gave just enough light to see whats in front.

Any pics??

Thanks guys this is all great stuff! I hadn't considerd the glare on the bow and rails from a mount on top of the cabin (without a shadow from the RADAR).

I never even tought of under the pulpit or a removable lite....

Bryan 2530":1r1rc4h5 said:
How is that light under the pulpit??

I have been wanting to do that, we had one on my Dads 30 tournament Chris years ago but it would get water in it and burn the bulb every other season or so.

I was thinking about building a sealed LED light but haven't got around to it yet, that location was perfect. Gave just enough light to see whats in front.

Any pics??

i think the whole jist of the post was that the light being under the pulpit killed it? :? maybe i read it wrong, but thats what it sounded like.

The Golight that was on the boat when I bought her, was mounted upside down under the pulpit. The light has imprinted on it, "Do not mount light upside down". :roll: It could not the drain, as the drain holes were on the top of the unit instead of the bottom. So the splash water would come in the drains and collect around the motors and contacts. :oops:
Kind of gives you an idea of what kind of shape she was in when I bought her. :?

The light I now have under the pulpit is a fixed light, It is a water resistant 5x7 unit that should it fail, won't cost $200 to replace. :wink:

Bryan: will try to get pic and post asap

HM5":3ofxjy9w said:
The Golight that was on the boat when I bought her, was mounted upside down under the pulpit. The light has imprinted on it, "Do not mount light upside down". :roll: It could not the drain, as the drain holes were on the top of the unit instead of the bottom. So the splash water would come in the drains and collect around the motors and contacts. :oops:
Kind of gives you an idea of what kind of shape she was in when I bought her. :?

The light I now have under the pulpit is a fixed light, It is a water resistant 5x7 unit that should it fail, won't cost $200 to replace. :wink:

Bryan: will try to get pic and post asap

ah, i see now. oops! :lol:

Back