Replacement Marine Battery

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulate It

Reaction score
I have an older 21 Parker SE with a 2001 150 Yamaha outboard - I am looking to replace my batteries - I run 2 fish finders, structurescan and a VHF and fish at night often - and run LEDs which don't pull much power. I am thinking Optimas - which ones or what batteries should I replace the existing with? Thanks fellas. Jason

Ford/Chevy, notched/bracket...I get mine at Walmart and at the first hint of a problem after the warranty I replace it. My b-i-l put a $400 battery in our travel trailer and it failed one month after the 2yr warranty. I'm not convinced that the electrons from that fancy battery did us any more good than the cheaper Walmart electrons.

I think that the more expensive batteries are the same as the cheaper ones, you just pay more for the longer warranty. I'd rather replace my battery after 2 years rather than walking on eggshells trying to see if I was really going to get my money's worth out of an insanely expensive battery.

Back