Replacing Pedestals

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of pro pedestals. Are the pedestals installed with a lag screw or is it bolted though with a nut?

Has anyone purchased any of these pro pedestals? Looking for some feedback before dropping a grand

I have propedestals on my passenger bench. I can't give you a legit answer on whether they are better then a seaspension seat. I have ridden in the bench for a little while but they aren't as active as the seaspension on my drivers seat. Honestly they really can't be as they are a tandem set coupled together by the bench.

One thing to be aware of is the fact the suspension are on opposite ends. The propedestal has the action at the top. This means a foot rest clamped on the pole doesn't move with the seat. The seaspension has the action at the bottom therefore a footrest clamped around the pole moves with the seat.

I have both brands on my boat. The propedestal does work out better for the bench because the tube/shock extends through the floor. This allows for a lower seat.

Well I am going to put this off until I get some positive feedback. No sense in investing if not worth it

Back