Repower 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbreeze

Reaction score
Repowered my 2520 dv. Went with df200ap motors. So far I'm running 46wot with 20p props. Gonna try and move up to 22p to see if I can get those numbers up. Does anyone else have a 200 setup they can share number and height of motor. These are set in the second hole.

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 457
Might be apples to oranges; but, twin Yamaha 200s I'm on the third hole 18 X 14.25 props, hitting 5900 rpm trimmed out to best speed with tabs up. I have had better than 54 MPH on GPS and Command View with all running gear, just me onboard with 1/4 tank of fuel. The anti-cavitation plates are on top of the water at speed.

What is your max RPM? What do your anti-cavitation plates look like at speed?

I'm going to test it again next week with 21.5 props and update with some numbers. I dont see why it shouldn't hit 50mph. Dealer says it's good were it is but I'll update with some tests and pic of plates
. Thank you for the reply.

Did you buy the boat for racing or fishing? I would not go up in pitch personally. It is hard on the motors. I currently have 13-1/4 x 19 p twin 150’s and want to go to 17’s to get my RPMs up closer to 6k. The Suzuki’s are geared differently and swing a bigger wheel so I would think you would get better performance numbers with less pitch and your motors would probably love you a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishwhisper....You sure are swinging small diameter props.....Heck that diameter belongs on a 90Hp.in a Yamaha 14in in a Suzzy 90Hp

Those 200 Suzuy's will swing 16in dia.

warthog5":142ui6b5 said:
Fishwhisper....You sure are swinging small diameter props.....Heck that diameter belongs on a 90Hp.in a Yamaha 14in in a Suzzy 90Hp

The Yamaha F150 (as the owner has) will not swing a 15" diameter prop. He has the largest diameter prop that will fit under his anticavitation plate.

The OP of this thread never stated the diameter of his props. We should assume that they are appropriate diameter for the DF200.

FishWhisperer":yflcr5bg said:
Did you buy the boat for racing or fishing?

this^^^^^^

Handling is what it is about especially on a beam to length ratio of the 25dv Parker hull.

I have the most overpowered Parker on the planet.

19p is the most speed any Parker needs. And that is scary fast. 63 mph in my case.

warthog5":56qff7sd said:

I had a typo, I have 13-3/4 x 19p props. I agree that they may not be the correct props but that is what came on the boat. I have been shopping for 14-1/4 x 17p reliance props. Another option if they will fit, would be the 15 x 15 Enertia’s. It would be very close to the permatrim bottoms or trim tab though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antidote":2d14rt2x said:
Might be apples to oranges; but, twin Yamaha 200s I'm on the third hole 18 X 14.25 props, hitting 5900 rpm trimmed out to best speed with tabs up. I have had better than 54 MPH on GPS and Command View with all running gear, just me onboard with 1/4 tank of fuel. The anti-cavitation plates are on top of the water at speed.

What is your max RPM? What do your anti-cavitation plates look like at speed?

what is the the fuel burn , MPG and speed at 4500 rpm ?

I am at 38mph. At 4500 rpm. Dont know the fuel burn. Only been out in it less than a hour. And I'm turning 16" 20p water grip 3 blade props

Ok my fuel burn at cruise 42000 rpm 2.25 mpg

I'll post a YouTube video. Wot 45mph 6000rpm. 16x20 p prop watergrip. I was told the 4 blade lifts the rear and helps the ride. This maybe something I look into and the rear sits real low at cruise and need to tab down in most all conditions to stop the pound.

Back