Repower my 2000 2510DVWA......

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Z

Reaction score
Hi all looking to repower, I have 200hp OX66's and want to change to 4 strokes. I don't have the funds for new 200's so 150's are my next option. Mercury, Yamaha? I don't know how much speed I would lose at cruise, top end is no big deal. With the OX66's my cruise is 28knts @ 4100rpms weather permitting. Any information you all might have on which way to go would be of great help.
Thanks, Frank

Isn't the bigger Yamaha 4 strokes the ones with the class action suits pending?

Frank Z":3v368v40 said:
Has anyone repowered with Suzuki's?

Very different boat, but I recently re-powered my 96 2110 wa. Took off a 96 Evinrude 200 and replaced with a Suzuki 175. So far, couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the info.....what kind of fuel burn do you get?

I haven't measured, as it's only been a few weeks and still under 20 hours with the motor. First impression though is a very good one. In fact, I keep checking the fuel gauge to see that it's working because the needles movement is almost un-noticable compared with the Evinrude...iow, it seems to sip fuel by comparison to the thirsty 200.

Thanks for the info....I think I might make my choice at the 2014 Atlantic City boat show. There's normally some good deals.

Just a guess, but, wouldn't the grady gulfstream be similar to the 2510, as far as weight and beam? Also, the grady has a 20 degree deadrise. Info on a grady using 2x150s yamahas is on their website. As i recall it is not that bad for a twin engine application. Also, a friend of mine has a 21 cc, with a 150 and he says it sips fuel.

cycler":3lv9afmj said:
Just a guess, but, wouldn't the grady gulfstream be similar to the 2510, as far as weight and beam? Also, the grady has a 20 degree deadrise. Info on a grady using 2x150s yamahas is on their website. As i recall it is not that bad for a twin engine application. Also, a friend of mine has a 21 cc, with a 150 and he says it sips fuel.
FWIW a friend on the next river from me has a deep-V 25' or 26' Bluefin CC with twin Yam 4-stroke 150s and he LOVES their power, reliability, and economy.

Better yet, he's the mechanic for the local Mercury dealer ...

DaleH":27gmfv2q said:
cycler":27gmfv2q said:
FWIW a friend on the next river from me has a deep-V 25' or 26' Bluefin CC with twin Yam 4-stroke 150s and he LOVES their power, reliability, and economy.

Better yet, he's the mechanic for the local Mercury dealer ...

Interesting, but I can't say that I'm surprised. :D

Looks like this might be a winter job. I'm going to wait for the 2014 Atlantic City boat show and check out the deals there.

Hi Frank , I also have a 2000 2510 dv , I did repower with the 150 suzuki's . I'm getting 44 mph at 6000, 34 at 5k and 26 at 4k . Last trip out we went 130 miles one way trolled all day and ran back home we burned total 170 gallons . We burn about 14 gallons per hour at 4200 going about 28 mph . I put the flow scan meter on and it's within 3 gallons after burning 200

I'm happy with power , I want to try to go up to a 23 pitch I'm running a 21 now I think I can get a little better milage

Derek

Back