repower to suzuki's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soohoo

Reaction score
I am about to repower to 09 150's to my 2510 I was just woundering if anyone has the digital fuel gauge that suzuki puts out and if what you think about its ease of use and accuacy .

I plan on using the anolog gauges for the rest of the gauges but I would like to have a fuel gauge similar to the yamaha one I have now.

I originaly planed on just buying the floscan gauge but it says it will not read the GPH corectly because of the low/high fuel system on the 4 strokes

Thanks

I'll let you know, as I'm repowering to a single DF250hp as you read this. I'll ask my Dealer, as he's installed lots of pairs. Will likely be a few weeks before I get an answer though ...

Dale, are you instaling all digital gauges ? or just the digital fuel gauge ? Having mine done at J&w Marine in Salem

soohoo":2ukqb715 said:
Dale, are you instaling all digital gauges ? or just the digital fuel gauge ? Having mine done at J&w Marine in Salem
Got white "all in one" system tach, with alarms, to match my existing gauge set. Not sure yet on what I'll do for fuel, as I run a fuel computer via in-line transducer direct to my Northstar GPS. Still looking at fuel computer options of Suzi install.

I'm getting mine thru Jerry @ J&W Marine too!

Jerry seams real nice first time dealing with him.

Told my wife I was going to the boston boat show to buy one of the PLB's She told me not to do anything stupid
I was walking past Jerry and he overheard me say to a freind I saw a new yamaha 150 for 11,800 , 5 Min later I knew I was going to do something stupid :mrgreen:

I really wanted Yamaha's but I couldn't pass up the deal

Our sea trial will be a scallop dive off eagel , I use to kept the boat at winter island but have moved it to a dock in fairhaven to chase tuna in west alantis , thats why I wanted to repower we were at the limits with our fuel range . Hoping to double our range with the 4 stroks

soohoo":1rc542ok said:
Jerry seams real nice first time dealing with him.
Jerry is a great guy! He's done a lot of repowers for the guys on the NE Tuna Club forum. Make sure you tell him you're a member of Classic Parker and that you know me!

... was walking past Jerry and he overheard me say to a freind I saw a new yamaha 150 for 11,800 ... I really wanted Yamaha's but I couldn't pass up the deal
The Yam 4-cylinder 4-stroke is a darn good motor, but I tell you this. This website alone abounds with Yam 4-stroke issues with VST filters, other filters, injectors, and exhaust housing corrosion issues (admittedly fairly confined to the F225 model), never mind some of their models don't meet the labeled horsepower unless 89 octane fuel is run.

There is not ONE similar issue with Suzuki 4-strokes. In fact, I have yet to hear of a filtration or injection issue with one ... but I'm only a member of a dozen or so boating forums, haha! The only complaint I have heard about the larger Suzis (besides dealer territories) is about the paint on the cowling, so plan to buy a sunbrella cover for it when not used.

The boys @ First Light Anglers (fly and toona charters) put 3400 trouble free hours on their twin Suzuki DF140s before the sold them and repowered to new twin Suzi 175s.

... thats why I wanted to repower we were at the limits with our fuel range . Hoping to double our range with the 4 stroke
You may not double it ... but most accounts record a good 40%-50%+ increase in mpg, at cruise. Otherwise, @ WOT and higher throttle settings, it will still burn quite a bit!

We had 3700 poorly-maintained hours on out DF140 when we sold it. We've currently got almost 2500 hours on our DF200. :knock on wood: No problems other than a dozen broken props... which are hardly the motor's fault.

Boat/US towing up here runs 14 Suzis, about half are the DF250s ... ZERO issues. And I know local guys running 8 of em' right near me with ZERO issues too. In fact, a Parker dealer close by told me (once he heard I repowered with a Suzi) that his personal boat wears one and he wished he could sell his new Parkers that way.

That ... and the fact that my local Yam dealer wanted $32,000 installed for the new Yam Offshore 4-stroke 300hp ... and it was Suzi all the way for me baby!

Dale , looks like i might have beat you . droped the boat off today did not see yours .
Did I miss it ?
hoping to have the new twins ( slightly used 167 hours ) in a few weeks . ya I agree with you on the 40-50 % savings on gas , that is what I ment not double the gas milage

Back