repowering a 04 25se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathfinder11

Reaction score
I have a 2004 25se with bottom paint, ttop that I think i'm going to repower, currently have a 300hpdi. etec is running a special in fl till tomorrow where I can get a 300etec all rigging and gauges, fly by wire, 6yr warranty and 4% financing for $20.5 plus tax minus 4-5000 for the hpdi on a trade in. i'm wondering if I really need a 300 or if a 250 is going to be ok. what do all think?

Wow, that motor alone runs for well over $20K without rigging or the electronin Omega controls. If I had seen a deal liek that when I repowere last year, I wudda had a 300hp on my stern for sure!

But the se model doesn't really need all that HP, so maybe you could save $$$ going for a 250hp.

a 250 is only $1200 less, I don't think it makes any sense to not get the 300.

pulled the trigger today, 300etec, with all rigging, control, prop, 6 yr non declining warranty w/50 deductible, and digital gauges for 17500, minus 5k for my engine plus 1k for labor to take off old and put new on and 250 for new fuel lines. it was another 800 I think for the fly by wire and didn't go for it, with tax 14.7. seems like a pretty good deal to me!

pathfinder11":2zklbyub said:
it was another 800 I think for the fly by wire and didn't go for it ...
Are you kidding me? For those prices you should have gone for it IMHO.

pathfinder11":2zklbyub said:
pulled the trigger today, 300etec, with all rigging, control, prop, 6 yr non declining warranty w/50 deductible, and digital gauges for 17500 ... seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Last season when I repowered my local Yamaha dealer quoted me $32K installed for their Yam 300 with all electronic controls.

I don't know if those prices you're seeing are FL prices, but those are so low I can't believe it. Makes me wonder if Bomb isn't putting many OBs on the sterns nowadays, as those are incredibly aggressive prices!

DaleH":yisde8zm said:
pathfinder11":yisde8zm said:
it was another 800 I think for the fly by wire and didn't go for it ...
Are you kidding me? For those prices you should have gone for it IMHO.

pathfinder11":yisde8zm said:
pulled the trigger today, 300etec, with all rigging, control, prop, 6 yr non declining warranty w/50 deductible, and digital gauges for 17500 ... seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Last season when I repowered my local Yamaha dealer quoted me $32K installed for their Yam 300 with all electronic controls.

I don't know if those prices you're seeing are FL prices, but those are so low I can't believe it. Makes me wonder if Bomb isn't putting many OBs on the sterns nowadays, as those are incredibly aggressive prices!

I had fly by wire on another boat and while they're great they are also incredibly expensive to fix if something breaks

the same Yamaha set up was around 25-26, I think the dealers down here sell a lot more engines than up north, my guy is the usa volume leader for etecs

Back