Repowering a 2520 XL-

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoniB

Reaction score
Looking to repower my 2004 2520XL. Original engine was an F225. I cannot go brand new at this time, so I’m looking for an F250 2007 or newer, but today came across an 06’ Merc Verado, 275hp with low hours. Does anyone have any experience with the Verados?

Any input would be appreciated.
Boni-B

What is you price range for the repower? I don't think I would buy a verado I think they had computer and lower unit issues in the beginning years.

Looking at an 06’ F250 for $5800. My range is up to around 7k depending on the year, hours etc.
I’d much rather stay with the Yamaha for now as it would just bolt right on.

My opinion the yamaha would be a much better option just have it checked out for the corrosion issues found around those years. It would also be much cheaper and easier to install

Came across a 2011 Suzuki 300 and Seriously considering it. Since I’m in middle of installing my second station the electronic controls would be really nice. Anyone have any input on the Suzuki 300 on the 2520XL? Prop recommendations would be really helpful.

I run a 2013 DF-300AP

I'd throw rocks at the Verido. VERY Unpopular motor around here. NW Gulf coast.

2MPG loaded to fish
2.5MPG Loaded to play and staying in the Bay.

Best it has seen is 2.8MPG

Pulled the trigger on the 2011 Zuke 300. Hope for the install to start next week. I’ll post some pics when it’s done.

Engine is mounted, controls and gauges installed. Just waiting on the new steering helm for the second station. Then installing a Go7xsr on the station and will network it into a Go12 at the helm in the future.

Attachments

• 5-10.JPG
    5-10.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 171
  • 5-10-18.JPG
    5-10-18.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 5-10-1.JPG
    5-10-1.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 171
Back