Revolution 4 Propellor Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me the the Flo-torque hub kit number for a Rev. 4 - 17P prop. to fit a 2008 Yamaha F250 on a 2520XL. Is it the same as a mercury? I am currently looking on E-Bay at props. and on all previous threads no one has ever mentioned if the Mercury is different than a Yamaha. Will the same prop. fit both engines?

Thanks
Catfish

Catfish,

The # for the Rev 4 Hub Kit is 835274Q1,if I were you I would go to PropGods.com,there you will find what you want,Contact Ken he is very helpful and the good part about him is,If you test the prop and it is not the correct one,you can return it for $35.00 restocking charge and he will ship you out another one until you are satisfied,this is were I got mine for my F250,I paid $479.00 plus $35.00 for Hub Kit.

Robert

Even though other places have props less expensive. I would recommend buying from Prop Gods as you can exchange the prop if it is in perfect condition and you dont like it. You only pay shipping if I am correct. I found out how expensive it is to buy from the less expensive place only to have to sell the prop and ship it if I wanted to try another .

agree with the ken at prop gods. what boat are you trying to put the rev 4's on. Also, Look into the prop database and if you have the 23 grouper jim did a good review of what he did to change it. But everyone has preferences so test props before just buying one.

tommyr904":2a3fcib7 said:
I have one i used on my 2520.e-mail me if your interested.

[email protected]

I noticed you went to the enertia because "the rev 4 had too much bite in a following sea".

Did you notice any change in your ability to reach max RPMS? The only complaint i have about my rev 4 is that it takes a lot of engine trim to get it to 5800 rpm. 6000 is non existent. Without a lot of engine trim ( 2-3 bars ), I am at 5600. Not loaded either.

optimaxfish":zbro0gtp said:
TheOtherLine":zbro0gtp said:
The only complaint i have about my rev 4 is that it takes a lot of engine trim to get it to 5800 rpm. 6000 is non existent. Without a lot of engine trim ( 2-3 bars ), I am at 5600. Not loaded either.

If yer only showing 2-3 bars, yer got negative trim. Yer boat's bow is plowing down into the water. No wonder motor cant rev up. Gotta be hard on fuel mileage and performance. Try trimming motor OUT to gain RPM and speed.

On my boat, 2 bars is neutral trim. You are correct that as I trim it OUT (3-4 bars), the rpm does increase. Anything more than 4 bars and the nose is way up and steering is significantly less responsive.

4 bars is where you should be in good conditions. I can spin the 15 1/2" x 17p mirage plus at 5800 @41mph with that hull.

Brian S":2docdgzg said:
4 bars is where you should be in good conditions. I can spin the 15 1/2" x 17p mirage plus at 5800 @41mph with that hull.

Doesn't that conclusion kind of depend on what hole the motor is mounted ?

Back