rewire batteries

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEGAME

Reaction score
hey guys I'm sorry i don't have pics i don't know how to resize them any way just starting to rewire my 2520 i had 2 more batt. add in 2012 and the only add one more switch so i have 3 now and no clue what batts.do what so I'm looking to get as much info as i can to re do the whole sys. 2 start batts. and 2 house bats thanks guys

Install Tapatalk app on your phone for posting messages and pic.

Draw a wiring diagram on a piece of paper. Label each wire to battery with tape or use a P touch machine and TZ labels.
Go to Blue Seas web site ex
https://www.bluesea.com/resources/170/B ... plications
and look a diagrams
Then determine your needs like installing ACR, battery charging unit, BEP battery cluster or mechanical switches, etc

Lots of options from simple to high end

Phil -
I don't want to throw cold water here, but there are so many things you can screw up if you do this. The battery wires should be color-coded. They have to be a certain size, depending on the length of the cable. There should be battery switches. They're requirements for installing fuses. They have to be routed so that they don't chafe. Believe me, if you short a positive battery cable with no circuit protection, it will not be a pretty sight.

The details are found in ABYC E-11. If you don't know what that is you shouldn't be doing this project. Hire a professional.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a marine electrician. I don't do this kind of work, and have no interest in doing this kind of work. I am a marine surveyor and look at boat fires every week (well, maybe not every week, but several dozen year).

hey i hear what your saying , i have a good idea of whats going on , the boat has got twin out board 150's it originally came with 2 batteries . in 2012 i paid to add 2 house batteries . that person added 1 battery switch to the existing 2 from parker . i now removed all battery switches and jumper wires and would like to rerig the whole system the proper way. i am aware of all battery cable sizes and the basic wiring system for my boat
thank you

The Blue Seas works.....However..... It also takes up a bunch more room and doesn't look as clean as a BEP Cluster.
This is due to the cabling and the amount of radius that the cable can be bent at.

I've installed 25 BEP clusters now of different configurations. single engine and twin engine. I've installed 1 Blue Seas unit.

You want the one for 2 outboards and 1 House......... But you will take that 2nd house battery and just parallel it to the 1st house battery.

warthog5 why parallel the 2 house ? thought it would be better to have 2 . i don't know , and the bep system i don't have the room for . I'm trying to get a speaker , battery switch and battery in each battery box and in the bilge i have the other to batt. a battery chager and all the pumps and filters bobby if we can i would like to talk on phone with ya. thanks

yes john ,,bobby is very good

bd9bac2dc9771f0f37773df3498348bc.jpg
accd0bb8aa9d9de407415fe46a0fec09.jpg

Ha! :) I'd like to see some pix's backed up a little more so I could tell a little better what we are dealing with.

As to paralleling 2 house batteries.

Think of it more like 2 Start batteries and 1 giant House battery.

Lets look at the spec's. on the interstate chart.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/m/ca ... /deepcycle

2 - Gp27 have 320 RC [reserve capacity]

1- 4D has 390 RC

By using the 2 Gp27's your trying to emulate the large battery, but you don't have room for the large 4D. But able to manipulate 2 - Gp27's in there.
Then again..... Maybe you do have room for the 4D ?

Don't split your house systems up. Some powered by 1 battery and other things powered by the other battery... It will end up being a Cluster F@*k.

Home = [850] 455-0415

Cell = [850] 207-4632

hey warthog I have a2013 2520 1engine 300 Yamaha it has a battery switch that does 1 or 2 an both off ihave 2 batterys both starting batterys from factory some times when I go to restart boat my electronics go out I would like to replace all batterys plus add a 3rd whats my bests option was looking at bluesea acr or bep system but witch 1 do I go with ur best opinion iam thinking to use1 battery for engine 2 for house parallel is this correct thanks for any help

Back