RF Ground

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkerMan25

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Parker runs an RF ground in the factory wiring harness? I can't find one, apparently I need it for my RADAR install... Boat is a 2011 2520.

Typically there's no RF ground installed on ANY factory boat, less maybe a Cabo! Also note that a true RF Ground is a ground circuit to mother Earth (read: saltwater) that is SEPARATE from the boat's DC system. Usually a 'Dynaplate' or ground plate made of sintered bronze is affixed somewhere on the outside of the hull, not tied into boat's 12VDC system, and this is where RF Grounds needed can be connected. TOUGH to do on OB powered boat.

Here's what I did:
Best you an do is run to the 'cleanest' ground you can. In my case, I have a dedicated heavy ground wire (2 actuially, as my main harness is redundant, giving me the ability to power one from the other in emergencies, think Apollo 13 ;) ) that comes up from the stern.

The radar 'RF Ground' is put straight to this connection, no other connector ties to this directly, i.e., this heavy ground is to a pos/neg 12-circuit fused buss bar. That heavy ground then connects to the other legs for any other circuits attached, but in regards to the RF Ground, it is at last a direct connection.

Bottom line, go as direct as you can to the main ground heading astern and you should be fine.

Back