Rigging 96 1800 above boat deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silversides

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for opinions on the best way to rig all wiring and steering on my 96 Parker 1800.
This boat does not have an under deck gas tank or rigging tube or tunnel.
:)
Thanks,
Nick

Nick

I would be tempted to install an under deck rigging chase and run everything through the under deck chases to bow and transom. Otherwise you are going to put everything under the gunnels and you still have to go through the deck for controls, wiring, etc. Better to just punch one set of holes under the console and rig through the chases.

How does your steering travel from the motor to the helm now?
Is it under the floor with a deck plate (or plates) over it?

Another option would be to call the factory with your HIN and see if they have any engineering drawings they could share with you.
That would tell you how it was constructed, and how you can proceed.

Megabyte":3lkbwdm0 said:
Another option would be to call the factory with your HIN and see if they have any engineering drawings they could share with you. That would tell you how it was constructed, and how you can proceed.
I was JUST going to post that same reply ... but alas, I'm not retired yet and have to work for a living ...

Thanks for all responses:
Check out my pics of the interior. Currently the steering and cables all run from the motor and rear hatch/jump seat under the gunnel...across a short section of hull to the console. Notice the console is to the right/center of the boat. I am not sure of how to handle this. I want to remount the console to the center and re-rig with the easiest way possible and I am not thrilled with the cables topside as they are. The remount idea is to even out the weight of the boat when fishing two anglers.

This boat is a 96 Parker 1800 Commercial Notch which was originally purchased with no power, no interior gas tank and no console.
I love the room in this boat for fly fishing but want to set up the interior just right.

I do have the under deck stringer placement from Parker. (see attached file!)
The only hatch to the under deck is in the rear hatch just in front of the outboard.
I am interested to hear more from all of you.
How would I make and under deck rigging chase without tearing up the floor?

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• WP_20141120_002.jpg
    WP_20141120_002.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 81
  • WP_20141120_003.jpg
    WP_20141120_003.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 18 CC 40 GAL TANK STRINGERS CBX00001.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
That is what I'd consider almost a "Side Console".

As Dale said engineered drawings first. Then major cutting of the deck to install rigging tube. NOTE: make it as BIG as possible to fit.
You will thank me for that when it comes time to rig it.

OR..... Just build a new Bigger custom console that comes over to meet the side and run the rigging the way it is now.

Here are the results of the reconfiguring and repower this winter!
Clean uncluttered Deck, Plenty of Room to Fish and Move Around!
Excellent Fly Fishing Rig!

Attachments

• LPRear Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    LPRear Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Console Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    Console Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Side Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    Side Parker18 RP Small.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
Back