Right trailer for a 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striperswiper

Reaction score
I currently have my 1999 2520 w/ 250 yamaha 4 stroke on it on a Loadrite 7400lb dual axle single brake trailer.

I'm planning a long distance haul every year and want to get a new trailer.

My local Loadrite guy suggested a 8000lb dual axle, dual brake (disk) , torsion suspension, hydralic brakes. He says bunk I say roller due to the ramps I launch at.

Cost is around $$4500 for roller , a little less for bunk.

Any other suggestions? I want something that will give me zero problems or a close to zero as I can get. I realize you get what you pay for so I'm prepared to spend a few bucks more for a better hassle free trailer.

Capt Brian

Thanks Tim

Does anyone on this board have a 2520 on a trailer?

If so what kind and size is it?

Thanks
Capt Brian

Striperswiper":14xmc25k said:
Does anyone on this board have a 2520 on a trailer?

If so what kind and size is it?

When I bought my 2520 in 2003 it was sitting on a tandem axle, 10,000# roller trailer with drum brakes.
Since I couldn't afford the boat AND a truck, I sold the trailer and have wet slipped the boat ever since.

I don't like roller trailers and don't like drum brakes, so the sale wasn't a difficult decision.
Used the money made on the sale to upgrade the electronics.

Not a Parker, but similar size and weight. My old 1993 Grady Sailfish sitting on a 2006 (I think) High Tech Marine 10,200 lb. GVWR AL bunk tandem. 8,700 lb. capacity, torsion posi-lube axles, SS hardware, spare tire/rim/hub/spindle, front center bunks, Kodiak silver cad. disc brakes on both axles, Power King Towmax ST II ST225/75R15 bias tires and extra wide frame. Trailer was sized for a 26' to 28' boat and the bunks were then cut short so the main beams ran all the way to the transom.

Pulled like a dream!

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

The only problem was it didn't have rollers...

I chose it because the extra wide frame would help mask the 9'6" when on the highway and it was about $2000 cheaper than the galvanized Load Rite I really wanted...

Bought if from Steve at East Coast Trailers in FL and had it delivered to a truck stop in VA where I met the driver.

I would get the electric over hydraulic brakes on both axels. You are going to be towing long distance - get the 10,000# trailer with torson suspension. I prefer bunks.

Striperswiper":327y4xeb said:
Is 9' 6" a problem?

It isn't really a problem, just an annoyance. 9'6" is over the generally legal width limit. You will probably have to get an over wide permit for each state you go through.

Back