Rod and other storage on 25-28' sport cabin?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
I struggle with V berth storage on my 2520. I store the rear center berth filler pad as far back on the port side as possible (so I can stand there or access the head if needed) with life preservers on top of it against the bulkhead. Problem is that it's a struggle to try to lift it all along with the pad under it to access the storage compartment beneath. Starboard side is just as bad. I have 12 rods on the starboard with butts rear and against the bulkhead. Because some are 7', the tips have to go diagonally forward into the port front pocket area. Same deal there, accessing the storage area under the starboard pad with rods on top is a struggle. Anyone have a solution to perhaps hang 7' rods? Also thought about somehow hanging or mounting the 6 life preserver container to keep it off the cushions and save space and allow easier access to storage. Thanks

I've owned 3 parkers and same issue with all,but as aggravating as it is it's still worth the trouble and tangled up mess,I keep my life vests in jumpseat and no how big the boat is they all have there corks!!!If u come up with any soulutions please forward them as I will do the same and welcome to the land of 2820.Also how big of a fuel tank in the new ones mine is 275?

275 gallons? Wow, I didn't know they ever made them that large. The 2017's are listed at 232, plenty of range for me. Take care...

Depending on the head room, can the life preservers get stored in a 'net' on the ceiling of the pilot house? On my 2510 Walk-around, the preservers are stored there, nice and neat but immediately accessible! You may even be able to get tracks and netting that is used on the Walk-around from Parker and mount it in your pilot house.

Unlike the walk around, there's not enough headroom in a pilot house to stow the life preservers. I'm going to try to devise a way to hang the 6 life preserver bag as close to the ceiling and as far back as possible in the V berth to keep it off the cushions and out of the way.

This photo of my v-berth looks like a mess, but it actually works for me.

All of the cushions have been removed and they are stored in my basement at home.

Clockwise from the left...

My ditch bag with contains all of my pyrotechnics, ACR PLB, first aid kit, and all of my ancillary safety gear.
Sealed tubs with charts, maps, and manuals for electronics.
Dock lines (green nylon bag).
Light tackle gear, bait gear, trolling gear.
6 extra type 3 PFD's, bagged, located in the bow.
Anchor ball.
Dry bag loaded with extra rain gear and warm clothing.
Stack of (former) bath towels.
2 huge fenders with accompanying high volume inflation pump.

And finally (in this photo) 4 St Croix light tackle rods stored on top of everything which will go in the rocket launcher when underway.

It's not pretty, but it works. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 496
John, rod storage is tough, just not enough head room or length. When I get on board the first thing I do is take out the rods and put them in the launchers. I too keep the PFD's under the port side jump seat, along with flares and air horn. Lines and fenders are kept under the starboard jump seat. In the storage compartments in the V-berth I keep tools, spot light first-aid kit, spare fuel filters etc. all the necessities. To try and keep extra storage easy to move around to gain access to the storage compartments, I use a plastic milk crate to hold trash bags, manuals , etc. All my fishing stuff is in two big tackle bags. I made this small shelf and mounted it to the port side bulkhead to hold toilet paper and hand sanitizer, and its easy to reach from the cockpit, for hand cleaner and sunscreen. A larger one with maybe two shelves would have been more practical if I decided to go thru the effort again. The milk crate I keep against the bulkhead under the storage shelf, again easy to grab from the helm with out having to crawl in to retrieve it. A roll of paper towels fit conveniently behind the back rest of either jump seat. I screwed a cup holder to the dash and keep koozies in the square center compartment and it also keeps the binoculars pretty much in place. I purchased a black canvass storage pouch with suction cups online which is stuck to the bulkhead right under the steering wheel that I drop my house keys, phone, and wallet into. Well that's about all to I have to offer, Hope you find it helpful, Mike

Attachments

• DSCN0123_041%20%20S%20Carolina.JPG
    DSCN0123_041%20%20S%20Carolina.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 480
  • cup holders.jpg
    cup holders.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 481
Other than the LTJ rigs that I keep on the boat in season, the rest of my tools live in the garage and are transported back and forth as needed.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 461
Thanks everyone, the first thing I want to do is devise a way to hang the 6 life preserver bag as high as possible where Hotpursuit has his toilet paper holder mounted, just hate to drill holes through the bulkhead. I have an idea, hopefully it will work out. Keep the suggestions coming, thanks

Back