Rod Holder Backing Plate

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
Last weekend I was on my boat looking for things to do and noticed 4 of my 6 rod holders were dangerously loose. Oddly enough, the 2 aftermarket rod holders were holding solid. I looked under the rail and found the problem immedietly. None of the factory rod holders had backing plates, the 2 aftermarket (no idea the brand) had a "horse shoe" plate. To make matters worse, 2 of the 3 bolts holding the rod holders in place were going through the large center hole for the actual holder with only 1/2 of the bolt hitting any "meat". Long story short, I went online and found these backing plates with a leash loop. They came with new hardware and with a little TLC (one bolt didnt line of smoothly) they are in and now solid as a rock. I never had a problem with the rod holders before and some big tuna and sharks have pulled like crazy from those holders, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd be curious to see if this was a one time whoops since my boat is a one off, or if this is more common.
If anyone is interested, I found the backer plates on amazon.

Attachments

• Rod Holder Backing Plate.jpg
    Rod Holder Backing Plate.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 304
Back