Roller Trailer Problems with 23SE.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marktore

Reaction score
I will try to make this one simple. I just picked up this awesome beast of a boat but everytime I drive it up on the trailer I keep getting these scratches in the gelcoat at the very front directly under my eye where the trailer hooks up.

If I walk it no problems.... but this is really not the best for me. I have tried every speed, approach, etc...

My rollers are very tight, I am really thinking the configuration needs to be changed or I should convert it to a bunk. Here are some pictures, any advise will be greatly appreciated.

MT

Attachments

• Starboard..JPG
    Starboard..JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Trailer_1.JPG
    Trailer_1.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 264
Is the keel in the bow striking the trailer crossbar?
Hard to see what the obstriction is in your photos.

If the keel is striking the trailer crossbar, you have several options.

Add keel bunks so that the bow centers, and then slides forward on the bunks.
That should keep the keel off the crossbar.

Another option would be to add keel rollers to the crossbar(s) for the same reason as above.

And yes, if your ramp conditions permit, converting to a bunk trailer (with keel bunks and guide poles), would also work.

I dont think I am hitting the main crossbar, I am almost positive the scratches are coming from the bars or ends (attach points) on the rollers. The gap between rollers on center are so small that any error and the keel may be hitting the metal.

I am going to take it to a trailer place this week, I spoke to Parker and this is what they recommended.

23SE owners, what type of trailer are you using???????

marktore":jlz0yqo4 said:
I dont think I am hitting the main crossbar, I am almost positive the scratches are coming from the bars or ends (attach points) on the rollers. The gap between rollers on center are so small that any error and the keel may be hitting the metal.

In that case, yes... have a trailer shop give you a proper fitting.
Money well spent at a good shop.

you just need to move the main roller bars out to the side maybe 6 inches.
The boat will be cradled more as well. plus, change that front roller to a V style near the eye.

also, how deep do you sink the trailer? the deeper the better. you can also install PVC guide bars when you go that deep to keep the boat centered when you pull it out of the water. look at load rites Ibeam trailer. that's how i have it setup on my 23dv

I ended up moving the rollers out from a 6" spacing on center to 14" as per my local Load Rite dealer. So far so good but one possible issue...

My rear outside rollers are now hitting the inside corners of the flush mount trim tabs. The local dealer rep told me they set them up all the time like this for White Water in LI and it is not a problem but it just doesn't seem right. ??????

As of now they are hitting the trim tab corners, I will keep a close eye to make sure nothing is getting damaged. As of now everything looks fine.

Any input is great!

MT

They can't do it right for guys at White Water because I had to set up my own after they just put the boat on the trailer, so that's a bunch of BS.

Send me a PM and I'll send you some pics of the trailer set up

I plan on adjusting the trailer again tomorrow. I have to get the rollers clearing the tabs by at least an inch.

LI Sound... PM sent

MT

Back