Rust Spots and cleaning the deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
I'm already seeing rust spots on some of the screws in the cleats, hinges on the fish box and around some of the railing and other stainless parts. I'm surprised this is showing up so quickly as the boat is kept in a stackhouse and rinsed after every outing. Plus I thought everything was stainless and wouldn't (or at least be resistent to) rust. Only 47 hours on her since we picked it up new in late June. So a) is this normal? and b) what is the best thing to use to remove and prevent? I've had someone say muriatic acid, but no mention of solution ratio.
Secondly, any hints on how to keep the deck clean would make the admiral much happier. Boathouse crew have caimed it's the 'Parker non skid that is famous for not being able to clean'.
Any ideas appreciated.

Bleach or cleanser on the deck, let it sit for a few before rinsing.

We like Barkeepers friend around here.....

To clean the rust spots, i use Snobol. It is a toilet bowl cleaner. Just don't use it while it is in the water, that stuff is nasty. It will remove all rust spots with minimal scrubbing. When i am done i spray the deck with Woody's wax, which works pretty good on fish blood. The marina where i keep the boat has a knock off of Snobol that works just as good. Find a boat detailer, they can usually point you in the right direction.
As far as the rust returning, on mine anyway, it was the fasteners which i try to replace when the start going.
Good luck.

I have the same problem. I have had a 2011 21se and currently a 23se. Really thought I did the right preventative maintenance with the 23 but the rust is showing. I am also at the Boathouse.

I've always used a little bleach, a few caps or so mixed in with a bucket of soap and water for the deck. It will take out the ground in marks/dirt. For the stainless I would use Nevr Dull stainless cleaner/polish. West Marine on 70 has it. (Not a SP error) it's Nevr Dull
Good luck

I dont have rust, but just got small tub of FSR, Fiberglass Stain Remover. It's a blue gel cleaner works great on any stain. A very little goes a long way.

Back