S1000 auto pilot problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pparke

Reaction score
i just purchased a new s1000 and installed it as recogmended . I installed it behind the stearing station on my 2510 inside the fiberglass electrical box. The problem is that when I am standing at the rear of the boat 8 feet away the system looses signal from the remote and it goes into failure. This also happens on the bow 5 feet away. The remote reads 3 bars on signal strenght. Any ideas? Paul

Make sure your wiring in the console is as far away as possible from the coarse computer. Any wiring arount the computer can and will interfier with reception. I had a similar problem with mine and it was the extra wire wraped up from the radar. Mine works anywhere on the boat now.

pparke":1nws9rtx said:
i just purchased a new s1000 and installed it as recogmended . I installed it behind the stearing station on my 2510 inside the fiberglass electrical box. The problem is that when I am standing at the rear of the boat 8 feet away the system looses signal from the remote and it goes into failure. This also happens on the bow 5 feet away. The remote reads 3 bars on signal strenght. Any ideas? Paul

Are you sure the remote has been initialized?

Are you trying to begin the AP from standby mode or is it that the unit is already in AP mode and you are trying to "steer" the boat with the remote?

If the computer and the remote have not "met", they won't talk to each other no matter how strong the signal bars.

You must have been running at 3-4 knots or more for a few minutes before the remote with talk to the computer. If not, the display on the remote will say "initializing" and if you haven't been running for a few minutes, it won't respond.

Back