S1000 Autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaff

Reaction score
Just finishing up mounting a S1000 under the helm of my 2320 and saw a posting from 2006 where someone stated not to put the course computer too close to the pump. There was no mention of this in any instructions or video from Raymarine and now I'm wondering if that is true for newer models or was just a quirk from a few years ago. Mine's mounted neatly under the helm about 4-5 inches from the pump. Anyone have problems with this or do you think I'm gonna be ok? Thanks

Tested the S1000 today and it worked great! Tracked, circles, cloverleafs, zig zags, everything worked great, as advertised. Worked from 2mph on up. This will be the best money spent for fishing/trolling/cruising!!! Apparently it makes no difference how close you mount the computer to the pump. :D

I am surprised it works at 2mph. Mine will not track below 3mph which is a problem for my style of trolling. Maybe the new models will track at slower speed?

I have mine mounted like yours and no problems at all. Great unit.

As for the slower trolling speeds , they fixed that with the new units.

Capt Brian

Back