Saltwater Series 2 OX66

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulllseyee

Reaction score
Just wanted some opinions on a 2003 Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 OX66 250 hp? Its on a Parker I may buy next week and I was hell bent on a fourstroke. The motor only has 88 hrs. thanks

It's a good motor in my opinion its lighter with more power. Be sure to check the compression on it . # 6 cylinders are known to get low.

Good solid motors, but more gas/oil hungry than a four stroke.

The good news is that you can easily maintain them yourself. I have posted several messages here about the various maint. procedures that need to be done to keep these motors running like tops.

-- Tom

The OX66 is one of the most reliable motors on the water. :wink:

2003 Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 OX66 250 hp. I run the same engine on my 1990 2520SC It has given me great service since new. I put a new
water pump kit in every 2 years. I changed thermostats once. I
winterize it each winter. Flush it out after every use.It has been trouble free so far.It starts good and has plenty of power to push my Parker at acceptible speeds.(36mph.at 5200) I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for all the info guys. LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Trophy season is just around the corner...

By the way while on topic, anybody know the reason for the compression loss in #6?

Two different yamaha dealer mechanics told me the way the engine is designed if you start to loose compression it usually starts in the #6. Please don't get me wrong they are very good engines i have one thats 10 years old with NO major issues at all. They said to check that first to tell if a power head will be in the near future. Good Luck Send pictures in when you get her.

no prob I understand and appreciate all honest opinions and am confident in my buy. Thanks Kent Island, see you at Bloody in the spring...

Very very reliable engine. Tough to go wrong with an Ox66.

Be sure the proper maintenance was done. O2 sensor, VST filters, low pressure pumps, impeller, thermostats etc..

As you can see from all the guys that wrote it seems to be a great motor!!Hope all goes well with it!!!

Back