Saturday at Harkers Island NC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Paul

Reaction score
My oldest son Alban and I splashed the boat at 6 am in a steady down pour of rain. We donned our rain gear and set off to go offshore bottom fishing. A little to bumpy so we stayed in shore and beat out a limit of Spanish mackerel all the while filling the live well with bluefish. We found a few rat cobia under a buoy and got a bite but lost it beside the boat. Move back inshore to a deep channel on a falling tide and set out a live bluefish and a cut bluefish. About 10 minutes later a nice blacktip about 75 lbs came up spinning and jumping. He rolled in the line and cut us off on the 3rd jump. Set things back out and 15 minutes later we give a bite on a live bluefish and the fish never slows down. I throw the anchor and get the boat cranked and we gain some line just as the bottom of the spool comes in to view. The fish ran several more times luckily it moved in to some shallow water and used up a lot of energy on strong runs. At about 35 minutes we saw the fish. Big sandbar shark. At about 50 minutes I grab the leader, get a couple of pics and break her off for a clean release. Afterwards my boy was give out.

Back