Sea star help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammered

Reaction score
Have been having a issue with my steering and need some advice.the front helm is not responding properly turning to the starboard.while underway sometimes you have to turn the wheel over a revolution before it responds.had the boat at dealer having engine serviced and also replaced helm.that did not fix it.if anything it's worse.any ideas?

Well i would have said it's as simple as bleeding the hydraulic steering and refilling with new oil. Did the dealer try that?

Has been power purged before replacement of helm and after new one was installed.first thing that was done when I started having problems

I have a 2510 with twin 150s , sense I have owned the boat I could slowly turn the wheel usually to port and not have the engines move then if I gave the wheel a quick jerk it would start to turn .

I installed a new helm that did not help , I talked to sea star they said no problem you must have gotten a faulty helm and the replaced it again .

It still did not help the problem , I had sea star on the phone we did some testing of the rear ram and the tech felt the ram was ok and I must have another problem .

I repowered and when the engines were being put on I asked to make sure the toe was correct because I was having a steering problem . No change

Finally this summer we stuck something offshore it broke off the skegs right at the bullets and my steering ram was now leaking so new lowers and a new steering ram .

I was not even out of the no wake and I could tell the steering problem was fixed, boat goes dead straight no correcting much more responsive . I think I had a slight leak and when I was under way with more pressure on the seal it would leak fluid from one side to the other , it only took 4 year to figure out

Back