SEASONS *TANKER SEABASS* REPORT 5/14/11

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasonsfishing

Reaction score
We had a great group of guys on Saturday that wanted to get over to Catalina and give it a go at catching a seabass and for some of the guys it has been a fish they have been in search of for a very long time.

I got an email the day before that read "Our expectations are tempered a little with the reports (or lack of) of seabass, but we are up for anything".

Ran down the plan for the day and made sure these guys were in for a seabass or die kind of trip and we were off in search of a trophy.

The conditions were not pretty with a steady 10 knots from the south and a good blow pretty much in the whole day which made most of the island pretty jacked up conditions.

We were able to connect with the Marie Claire and get tanked up on a couple scoops of beautiful bait and was now game time.

Kicked it off with some short seabass and halibut which put these into perspective for the guys and told them we needed to put our time and we just might be rewarded.

As we moved from spot to spot I finally found a spot of conditions that looked as good as it gets and told the guys that we were going to give it hell.

We had a good go around on some bass and then the fish moved in and the party got started. We would hook a fish it seems every 30 minutes or so and high fives all around as the gaff went into another.

There is just something that drives me to see guys catch there first TANKER!

Thanks guys for fishing with Seasons Sportfishing and see you guys for the next trip on the tuna grounds.

We are now in full swing with OPEN PARTY trips weekly, give us a shout at our home on the web www.seasonssportfishing.com if you like to get out and have a chance at a trophy.

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

Nice Jamie! I need to slow down on having kids so I can get some more time on the water.

Back