seat pedestal help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofish

Reaction score
Hi Parker fanatics,

Can y'all suggest any tips for removing the seat pedestal bases that come mounted from the factory?
It appears that they are mounted by 6 screws but the mount doesn't budge when those screws are removed.

Thanks in advance.

I'd bet $$ some type of polyurethane (think 3M brand's 5200 product) adhesive sealant was used to bond it to the floor and seal the screw holes. They do make a solvent product called Anti-Bond 2015 that sells for ~$13 that will cut through such strong sealants, but I've rarely had to resort to that and only did so whence removing a transom bracket off a f'glass boat.

I use an old thin guitar string, wrapped around 2 wooden dowels, and feed it around the base and cut through the bond like a garote, 'sawing' it back and forth. You could even try a sharp paint scraper and work slowly around the edges, then try tipping the base to cut away more.

Thanks for the great ideas Dale.
I will give them each a shot. I've tried the hammer and chisel so far to no avail. This thing is set solid! Hopefully the 2015 and homemade saw work have better results.

That is the downside of using 5200 on something that you might want to remove or re-bed someday.
5200 is pretty much permanent. If you ever think you might need to remove something above the waterline, use 4200, 4000, or Life Caulk.

Back