Second anchor storage on 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clam Power

Reaction score
Im getting ready to take delivery on my 2009 leftover 2120 and I am wondering where folks keep their second anchor and line on their 2120s. The way they have this particular boat rigged there is one battery in each of the two stern boxes which makes them useless for storage of an anchor that will barely fit in an empty box.

I run a 2003 21se that origonally came rigged with the batts in the bilge, I didnt like that and so I eventually moved them both to the starbord box, leaving the port box available for anchors and line. Having both boxes half full of batts is kind of a drag since there is already limited storage on the 2120.

Any ideas for that spare anchor? I really feel the need to have two anchors for a variety of reasons. One is I often double anchor, and the other is that I feel it is a saftey issue, in case one is lost to a wreck.

Any suggestions would be great!!

My second anchor is a smaller wreck anchor that I stow behind the port bench seat in the cabin (in the corner basically under the gunnel where the gas tank feed line is). The line is stowed in the hatch under the starboard v- birth. When I know I will be double anchoring (unusual for me) I simply carry a second fluke anchor with line in a tote in the cockpit.

Might try here (pic is not a Parker but could be done on a Parker if there's no kicker)...
IMG_0222.jpg

Or here:
IMG_0225.jpg

Store the rode in a net bag?
IMG_0226.jpg

I have a fortress, taken apart it stores easy, keep the extra rode in the anchor locker.

Not readily accessible but at least you don't look like a gypsy.

11000940_1.jpg

Back