second helm question. any pics for ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slacka

Reaction score
I've seen your write up Dale and that's basically where I'm getting my list from. I've been looking for Morse twin Sr controls but I'm finding just Morse twin and if I wasn't mistaken the Sr has a stainless cap... Wasn't sure if anyone had a pic or model number of the controlls I need. Again I think I found some but just wanna make sure they will work before I buy.

I also came across a seastar 1.7 helm hh6541 tilt? Would that be any good or should I look for seastar 1.7 fixed ? Then I see some that are front mount and back mount ? Not sure what's right for application. Any help would be appreciated . Any pics of custom or stock 2nd helms would be great !!! Thanks

Attachments

• Twin-S_250px.jpg
    Twin-S_250px.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 377
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 377
I don't have the model numbers for mine written down, but I do have a couple of photos if that will help.

Attachments

• 01 helm.jpg
    01 helm.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 02 rear station.jpg
    02 rear station.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 03 rear station.jpg
    03 rear station.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
Those our good Capt Kevin posted are the Twin S model, with chromed housings and arms. They do the SAME function, but I just had used the -SR to get the stainless steel housing for use in the back cockpit or tower positions.

One can also upgrade the chrome-plated arms w/ new SS ones made by Ongaro, for any Morse model using single or dual lever arms.

Where you are putting the helm will likely dictate which style. A gunwhale (gunnel) could certainly use a back mount helm, where the helm body (is actually the 'pump'), mounts behind the surface you'd put it on.

I had discounted tilt helms as an option (for me) ... as they are expen$ive!

Have these on my boat front and back helm.really nice no corrosion and smooth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 334
Thanks for the help... I picked up 2 sets of Morse twin controls off eBay for 200. Think they should work out

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 291
slacka":1kmtme5j said:
Thanks for the help... I picked up 2 sets of Morse twin controls off eBay for 200. Think they should work out
Nice price! I had paid $160 for a pair years ago ... when I realized I should have named the boat "Miss eBay"!

Lol gotta love eBay ... First place I look . I picked up a used rocket launcher rod holder that came off a parker for 250 . Used Tiek platform and ladder for 30 bucks... I'll just refinish it. Not sure what I have for helm .... I know it's a seastar just don't know what size ? I have to match other helm correct? Or can I just buy 1.7 ? Thanks

Back