Second station

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRS

Reaction score
Currently I have a 2520xl with a second station on the rail, I would like to relocate it next to the door on the back wall. Problem is I think the mold you get from parker for this is to bulky for my taste. Has anyone done or see any other options for mounting the second station there ?

Lol, I got so into what you was doing with your boat that I forgot why I started looking at that thread. Yes that would be a great idea, I have never had any experience with fiberglass so I might call some friends and see what I need to get started. Thanks for that link it gave me plenty of ideas for what I need to do to my boat before spring striper starts.

Dale mounted his right to the bulkhead with no mount, small "shelf" for controls, search his posts.

I had actually thought about doing that, just seemed to me that the wall is a little flimsy and I didn't think it would pan out to well. When you say Dale do you mean the moderator Dale? Sorry, I just got my parker at the end of last year and I joined here soon after. Not familiar with everyone yet.

You have the option of building it out of wood and covering the wood with fiberglass. Then you fair that, Prime & paint.

You want generous radius's on your corners so the glass will conform easy.

If you build it, post the project photos here in this thread. :wink:

Thanks for the links there, yes I will be posting some pics soon, I am going to remove the pedestal and second seat from the port side and build a cabinet with lots of drawers for organization and put a bench seat on top, I am actually setting up an appointment now to get the floors done in lynex first before I start building. A buddy of mine did his maycraft a few years back and his floors are still great no pealing or bubbling at all. Easy to wash and non slip.

just purchased the 18/23/40 tackle station for a combo bench seat for the port side of my 2520. check out boat outfitters .com..I will take some pics and post them of the bulkhead mount steering station i just fabricated for some ideas! mine is 35' tall,22' wide and 14' deep. Constructed to have some aft dry storage

:( on a sad note ,I purchased parker gelcoat from 3 a marine in hingham and they sold me brilliant white so i had to shoot it again, next step is to build a platform for the seat so the passengers can see to.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 883
I like your second station thoughts, I was leaning towards something similar. Do you have pics of how you routed the hydraulic lines and such. I wanted to keep the lines and wires as hidden as possible. I was thinking of build a similar station that would go to the floor with drawers in it for storage also. Is it possible to have the lines and wires come throu the bottom step and into the side of the station with a tube of some sort to keep things clean? Just some thoughts I have. If I am far out in left field with my thoughts please let me know. I have a tendency to over think things before I act. :).

i dont have a step in the corner . but i havent run the hoses and cables yet, as im trying to figure out where im going to mount all the yamaha shift and throttle transfer boxxes. i have twins and am trying to keep control cable bends to a bare minimum. my first thoughts are out through the side of the console and into cabin under the gunwale. Hooking up that is next weekends project.I will take pics and let ya know how i make out.

Under the gunwale
Yep that's where I spend a LOT of time....Under STB Gunwale.

If your cable shifting....I Highly suggest using the Teleflex X-Treme cables. They are/ were the standard for tighteset radius and smoothness over the years. And Replace ALL your cables.

Others have now rebagged them...Like Suzuki

I put the tele flex cables in my boat and love them, extremely smooth worth the $$

thanks for the heads up,its cale shifting for the throttle and the shift is cable to electric actuater box then a cable comes out to go to the engine.Its a yamaha twin engine,dual station system that uses the 704 control boxxes. hope it works.But i will go with those cables!ty

Ok, second station is built,gel coated and the hole is cut out for the custom star board drawers that are being built.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 659
Some more pics of station.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 659
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 659