Securing cooler to SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Would like to see what you guys have done to secure a decent sized cooler to your SE's. I've considered deck mount plates that would be recessed when not in use but not anxious to cut holes in my boat! Do not like the raised 'corners' i've seen as they just look easy to trip over.

Thanks,

Nothing like being anchored up fishing and a 40 footer runs past you close enough that you can see the smirk on the idiots face, and you have to hang on to everything more or less dodge moving coolers. Ever been there? I have around a 120 Qt cooler and I use a bath mat my wife picked up at bed and bath. Its not like the old plastic mats but kinda soft, if I get a chance I will send you a pic. I think the larger the cooler the better this works because of the weight. I am not exagerating when I say that cooler has never moved onboard in the 5 years since I bought it

Thanks guys. Ran out at lunch and bought the 150qt igloo and a rug mat/pad thing to keep it from sliding. We'll just move it to the back if a bumpy ride is in the works.

Here you go,I probably was not clear. I was refering to a bath mat that goes in the shower, the type with suction cups only this type is like a soft foam not rubber

http://www.kennedytiedown.com/gallery1.htm#coolerkit

I have these and they work GREAT. You mount the deck plates to the floor and then you can remove the actual latches/connection rods at any time. So when the cooler is out of the boat, you don't have the hardware laying around.

I use them for a cooler and to secure my bench seat to the back of my 2110. It locks them both down real tight. And when I want the seat out (for dedicated fishing), I simply remove the latches and yank it all out. I am left with nothing but the relatively flat deck plates.

They offer lots of options to suit your needs. Prices were decent and shipping was quick.

Those tie downs are cool, I have been meaning to order a set for a while now, thanks for reminding me.

They are cool.... does anyone have any experience with them?

Aslo, does anyone know what's underneath the floor in the bow of a 23SE and how much room I have to drill before I hit something, like a gas tank (kind of kidding but kind of serious with this question)? There is no deck plate up there to check for sure.

Pete, this thread may help some with the thickness question:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=584&hilit=how+thick

I'm also thinking about using the Kennedy tiedowns on my 23SE, but I'm concerned about not having backing plates behind them. I use a 70qt cooler in the bow for food and drinks and a 150qt cooler in front of the console for fish. I tie a rope from the T-top, around the 150qt coolers and then back to the T-top on the other side of the helm to hold it in place. I use a truckers knot and a pool noodle wedged between the cooler and console to prevent rubbing and allow room to open the cooler and it works great. Maybe it looks a little ghetto, but it works. For the front cooler I use bungee cords on each handle and loop them around the two braces just above the anchor locker bulkhead. That cooler bounces all over the place in a heavy chop and I don't like how it's connected, even though I believe the bungee will break before the brace does.

I think the Kennedy tiedowns would look much cleaner and prevent bouncing, but I don't know what I'd do if something went wrong and the plate got rip off of the floor. I'd love to hear how others secured these down. Hannibal, did you use screws and 4200/5200 or some other method?

Gary

I used the provided screws and 3m sealant. On the bench seat, it will hold two full grown men through a hole shot without so much as a wiggle. It's a real sturdy setup.

Thanks gary... Ive seen this and think it's safe.

I share your concerns about them ripping out. The bow of my se takes a throttling.

hey guys,sounds like you sre looking for something heavy duty,but just for future reference I was at west marine today picking up some stuff and i walked past these cooler non slip mats and they are made of the same material as the shower mat my wife got me. should have caught the price but I didn't

You can also buy a whole roll of non skid and cut it in parts custom to your needs.

I put some on my dash, etc

Back