Sharking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
Finally got out Sunday for the first shark trip of the season. Headed out to the AC Ridge in 1'-2'. Set up the slick and before the third rod hit the water, we were hooked up with a 6' blue shark. He was 1 of 5 landed. Had some big blue fish in the slick ripping our baits off.

At around 10am, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and it beccame very dark. I turned the radar on to see what we were dealing with and what I saw was the last thing I wanted to see. We were smack dab in the middle of a storm cell. We pulled everything in and started to run home. The cell followed us most of the way with lightning striking all around. Made it home pretty quick, less than an hour.

Apparently the past 6 years we've had the boat, the timing has been off. Over the winter our mechanic realized it and adjusted it. The best we ever did before was WOT 24knots with the wind at our back cutting through the bay. Now we are cruising at 23 knots and WOT of 29.2 knots (this was with 4 men, full gear and full tanks). Its amazing what something so small can do to the performance of a boat. Next season we are going to soda blast the bottom and hopefully gain a little bit more.

(The picture of the shark is the last one we caught. The other pictures are of the radar on the ride home.)

Attachments

• P1010074 (Medium).JPG
    P1010074 (Medium).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010075 (Medium).JPG
    P1010075 (Medium).JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010077 (Medium).JPG
    P1010077 (Medium).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010079 (Medium).JPG
    P1010079 (Medium).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 160
Awesome! My dad just splashed his boat last week in Avalon NJ and I think he has a trip planned in a week or two.

we had a thresher in the slick way out, about 400yards but the storm rolled in around the same time so we had to pack up. I am land locked this weekend with a wedding in north jersey but will be out looking for mr mako and mr thresher next weekend.

good luck to anyone out this weekend

Back