Shock Mitigating Seat Posts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks I skipped over a few posts...i will be getting one if my spring platform doesn't work out.

DaleH":389067ol said:
But how are you all bracing/attaching the seat base to the floor?

I just tapped in to the existing holes that the original pedestal base was secured to. I understand that those holes are part of a brace that is secured to the fiberglass from underneath.

When I first bought my pedestals, they were $750 or $799. Something like that. I didn't get the Parker 15 % discount :cry:

Bent Monkey : Since there is no discount for multiple seats, I would by ONE. Just for you. See if it works for you like it works for others. If it does, you can always go back and buy another one.

If it doesn't, they have a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee!!

Bent Monkey : Since there is no discount for multiple seats, I would by ONE. Just for you. See if it works for you like it works for others. If it does, you can always go back and buy another one.

Sounds like a good idea! You know maybe I only need one pedestal as my girlfriend can probably sit on my lap........wait a minute........this whole idea can take a whole 'nother turn here..... :wink:

OFF TOPIC: look at this Black Sea Bass (aka Grouper) that was caught in my backyard here off of Catalina Island, I just saw this post and figred I would pass it on as it is awesome! BTW, they are illegal to keep as they were overfished:
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/insho ... b-bsb.html

TheOtherLine":3eo81950 said:
I just tapped in to the existing holes that the original pedestal base was secured to. I understand that those holes are part of a brace that is secured to the fiberglass from underneath.

Ahhhh, I see. And thanks for replying :) ! On my '92 vintage, the seat base was simply screwed into the floor (as I'm quite sure ALL boat Mfg'rs did back then) using #12 SS self-tapping screws.

Dale according the the engineer at Parker there is supposed to be an aluminum plate glassed in under where the seat is then drilled and tapped. I had a problem with my passenger seat pulling out screws, combination of big seas, big boys and leaning back with their feet on the dash. When i went to look at it turns out they only ended up putting 2 bolts and 4 screws. Engineer was not happy and thats when he told me what it was supposed to be. No problems with the captains chair. I also slide the seat all the way forward and am almost center on the post when running. Agreed this seat is worth it. Best thing i did besides the tower.

bent monkey":3bgzg8p5 said:

Sounds like a good idea! You know maybe I only need one pedestal as my girlfriend can probably sit on my lap........wait a minute........this whole idea can take a whole 'nother turn here..... :wink:

OFF TOPIC: look at this Black Sea Bass (aka Grouper) that was caught in my backyard here off of Catalina Island, I just saw this post and figred I would pass it on as it is awesome! BTW, they are illegal to keep as they were overfished:
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/insho ... b-bsb.html

AWESOME FISH!!!!!!!!

TheOtherLine":2xvg4641 said:
BradV":2xvg4641 said:
they are going to take an existing chair that has been painted already and tape off and awlgrip over in the offwhite parker color. So i suppose they can do it. I am sure like any paint it can get scratched up i would imagine it would be close to as durable as the regular white. Looking forward to it. Should ship out beginning of next week.

Make sure they do the base as well !!

You would think that would be assumed but.....

I'm glad you all enjoy your new ride! A little clarification is in order regarding the paint (or repaint). We do a chemical conversion coating treatment process first on the bare aluminum tubes and bases. It then gets primered with Awlgrip Epoxy Primer, then painted with Awlgrip polyester urethane topcoat. All coats are designed for marine applications. When we provide a "Parker Beige" pedestal system, we take new (white) components, and reprimer them, then shoot the beige color using Awlgrip paint again. We don't tape things over, but it basically goes through the paint process again (without the guts). Although it adds significantly to the expense on our part, we do it because you Parker boat owners have been good to us, and we like the relationships we are building. Hopefully the Parker Boat Company also sees the value in this, and start providing Seaspension in every boat. We'll keep you 'posted ' :)

Peter's Post":22imd8m8 said:
Hopefully the Parker Boat Company also sees the value in this, and start providing Seaspension in every boat. We'll keep you 'posted ' :)

Now that would be a very cool option indeed! :)

I think another way to show Parker how important it is to have a SeaSpension SMS would be to offer every Parker ownner that bought the pedestal before they knew it could be done in Parker colors would be to offer us a Big discount to have ours done over. In doing this it would show how important it is to have the pedestal and also how important it is to the owners to have it personalized. Of course we would pay the shipping. I guess this is my way of saying, How much would it cost to send it back and have it done in Parker colors?

Signed, Elcheapo

Peter's Post":1u78hq2o said:
When we provide a "Parker Beige" pedestal system, we take new (white) components, and reprimer them, then shoot the beige color using Awlgrip paint again.

We don't tape things over, but it basically goes through the paint process again (without the guts).

Although it adds significantly to the expense on our part, we do it because you Parker boat owners have been good to us, and we like the relationships we are building. Hopefully the Parker Boat Company also sees the value in this, and start providing Seaspension in every boat. We'll keep you 'posted ' :)

Jeez - How's that for an old fashioned business model! :D :D

I have to preface this topic by saying that the initial $50 offer to have a new Seaspension pedestal repainted in Parker Beige does not cover the actual cost of doing so. When we are talking about dismanteling an assembled unit, taking it through the proper cleaning and prepping process, priming, painting and re-assembly process, we are getting into a much larger expense operation.
I don't mind sharing some of this burden to give you what you want, but taking a couple of days out of our schedule to run this through is the reality of it. I'd like to propose that single (1) units would come in at $150.00 per pedestal, and multiple pedestals can be discounted some at $125.00 per pedestal. Shipping would be extra. If you want to pool single pedestals between yourselves, that would save you a little - probably enough to cover the cost of shipping from Largo, Fl.
Once we get the factory involved, we can run larger batches in the Parker Beige color, probably w/o any additional charges. If anyone has an IN with them, this would probably be a good time to call on them. Please let us know. Thanks.
Peter

I just placed an order today for my new seaspension post in 'Parker' color and cannot wait for it. I have been talking with Peter and Greg there for the past week or so and the deal is done, now it's just a waiting game....
I will post back my results when possible, keeping in mind that I am 6'4" 235 so if it handles me it should handle most anyone.

I have to give a ringing endorsement for this seat. I just did an Abaco Bahamas trip. Over 550 miles in the last week. Let me tell you this seat is awesome. I usually am sore and tired by the time I am to West End which is a 70 mile run. This trip is 190 one way. Sat down the hole time. We cruised around 40 mph on a 2' chop with no problems. If you are questioning whether to spend the money on this seat do it. It is the 3rd best thing I have done to my boat.

BradV":3q3u2ul7 said:
It is the 3rd best thing I have done to my boat.

Okay, don't make me look at all your posts to find numbers 1 & 2 !

Glad you liked the seat. I can absolutely say it increased my time on the water as I used to dread going out in all but the calmest of seas....

I know it's different for the CC guys but for those of use with those forward helms....it's a back saver.

Back