Should I get tabs for my 21 se?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruiter

Reaction score
Hi All, first of all I am new to the Parker world. I have always loved the Parker look. This will be my first Parker, a 2002 21 se with a 150 Yamaha, not the deep v model. The boat is awesome. My question is should I get some trim tabs for it. I got a quote of 1300, parts and Labor for lenco tabs. Are they worth the money? Will they make that much of difference? I might just try it out for a season with out them but I've seen some posts that have said they are a must. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Yes. Tabs help in all situations.

BUT you can save over 2/3rds your money by doing the job yourself. All you need is a drill and some 5200.

Most definitely you want tabs. The price quoted is way too high. I can get the Lenco 12 x 12 tabs and basic switch for about $525.00 plus shipping. It takes a couple hrs to install. There are several You Tube videos and there are good directions on their site. Where are you located?

Tabs on any boat including a 21 are important. You will quickly find that an uneven weight distribution ( people and gear) will make the boat lean to one side while underway. Tabs remedy that problem easily. They are not just for performance out of the hole. Good investment,

Trim tabs? Absolutely!

Lencos? Not on my boats ...

Install Bennett trim tabs yourself and never look back and never lose a trim tab to saltwater corrosion and electrolysis. I am admittedly biased, but hey, it's my boat and $$ ... and experience too! I just don't like Lencos ... as on this site and others we've seen more than a few new Lenco tabs corrode and fall off in a year or less. FACToid - Lenco welds the piano hinge to make/form their tab hinge and welding brings the carbon to the surface on any welded material, i.e., carborizing the parent material in the WAZ (weld affected zone).

Plain ol' carbon steel in saltwater? Not for me ...

Bring your boat near mine while I'm working on mine and I'll help guide you on the install ...

Oh, and go as wide as you can ... 18" chord (span) by 9" depth (off hull) tabs will out perform 12x12s and not cost you as much fuel economy in the process, as they are significantly more efficient. These would run you ~$550.

I am with Dale on hydraulic Bennetts. I have 12 x 18 on my 21SE and they are the ticket. A little tab goes a long way when they are wider. Here are a couple pics of mine... 9 x 18 Bennetts are about $680 including the switch....Take Dale up on his offer.

Attachments

• DSC_0084_300x200.jpg
    DSC_0084_300x200.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC_0085_300x200.jpg
    DSC_0085_300x200.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC_0086_300x200.jpg
    DSC_0086_300x200.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 173
DaleH":30nnvkeo said:
go as wide as you can ... 18" chord (span) by 9" depth (off hull) tabs will out perform 12x12s and not cost you as much fuel economy in the process, as they are significantly more efficient. These would run you ~$550.

Absolutely.
Do not settle for 12x12's. Wider is better.

windknotnc":2nfmo35s said:
A little tab goes a long way when they are wider.

Take Dale up on his offer.

True.
I have 24x9's on my 2520.
Some folks here have gone bigger.
Talk to Dale. This is a DIY that you can do.

Back