• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

side bolsters 25se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K/A

Reaction score
looking to buy a pair any direction

What year is the boat? If it's a recent model, you can likely get the factory option from your dealer.

Otherwise, any good canvas or marine upholstery shop should be able to run something up to your exact specifications very easily. If you post your location, some other members may be able to help out with shops they've worked with.

Brian Kersey made these for me. $300 customized as you them including the ruler.tempImage72Y4Hb.jpg
tempImageZQ8CoQ.jpg
tempImageLkXxbf.jpg

Those are nice. What are those dimensions if you don't mind sharing? I would love to make some for my 2520.

His name is Brian Kersey - 912-704-2665. I got some for my boat and a dash kit. They are awesome. Brian is a good dude.

Antidote............. are those Seadek?? I wanted some stick on bolsters but read they were way to hard compared to traditional vinyl and foam. Many that have the foam say your knees still take a beating with the foam. Although they look nice I need them for fishing. After thinking about it, it makes sense that if the foam is soft enough to be usefull it could not be very durable hence the hard foam. What do you think? Anybody else have input?

Antidote............. are those Seadek?? I wanted some stick on bolsters but read they were way to hard compared to traditional vinyl and foam. Many that have the foam say your knees still take a beating with the foam. Although they look nice I need them for fishing. After thinking about it, it makes sense that if the foam is soft enough to be usefull it could not be very durable hence the hard foam. What do you think? Anybody else have input?

I used closed cell flotation foam when i built mine.

Here is why, and I do custom canvas:

There is not enough cushion in the seadek for your knees not to still take a beating. They do look amazing though.

Unless you use a very high density, high quailty open cell foam, you will feel the backer. Even then, depending on seas and body weight(yes, i am a big guy) you can still burry your knees to the backer.

Closed cell floatation foam(not what is found in Life Jackets) is almost indentical in make up to the same foams used in the foot cush anti fatigue floor mats. These materials provide a cushion and also provide a certain level of give to relieve pressures. Case in point, if you have ever stood on an anti-fatigue mat all day you will know exactly what i am talking about.

To differentiate between the Life Jacket foam and the other foams used:

Life jacket foam is typically polyethylene or polystyrene. Foam that would be used for anti-fatigue would be Cross-Linked Polyethylene Foam

Bolsters with vinyl covered CLP foam is the way to go, hands down. There are some cases where CLP foam cannot be used and open cell must be used.

I used closed cell flotation foam when i built mine.

Here is why, and I do custom canvas:

There is not enough cushion in the seadek for your knees not to still take a beating. They do look amazing though.

Unless you use a very high density, high quailty open cell foam, you will feel the backer. Even then, depending on seas and body weight(yes, i am a big guy) you can still burry your knees to the backer.

Closed cell floatation foam(not what is found in Life Jackets) is almost indentical in make up to the same foams used in the foot cush anti fatigue floor mats. These materials provide a cushion and also provide a certain level of give to relieve pressures. Case in point, if you have ever stood on an anti-fatigue mat all day you will know exactly what i am talking about.

To differentiate between the Life Jacket foam and the other foams used:

Life jacket foam is typically polyethylene or polystyrene. Foam that would be used for anti-fatigue would be Cross-Linked Polyethylene Foam

Bolsters with vinyl covered CLP foam is the way to go, hands down. There are some cases where CLP foam cannot be used and open cell must be used.
Really good info , thanks. I make lots of stuff for my boats and thought about making bolsters . Any more info on what you did ? A couple of the things that I liked about the all foam products were no additional holes drilled and light weight. IMO the last thing I need is any more weight in the cockpit area in a already stern heavy boat. I thought about king starboard ( I use it a lot) backing but but it seems it would take at least 1/2" and its to heavy. Any chance a bolster you describe could be made backer less and stuck on?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back