Side scanner depth finder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I am contemplating on getting a Lowrance HDS-10 with side scanning transducer. Does anyone have any experience with this piece of equipment?

Windknotnc do you also have the side scanner? Do you have the modification that allows you to split the screen into four quadrants? If you do I have some questions:

Is the screen large enough for you to be in the four quadrant mode and still have enough screen to operate? Do you use the side scanner for fishing to keep you on the fish as they move?

Yes all Structure Scan has side scan. You can split the screen anyway you want to. I usually run with Sonar and Chart. When I get close to where I am fishing I split Sonar and Structure and use the chart to pinpoint my marks and set up to anchor when bottom fishing. I have split into 4 screens and it is OK but once you start looking at a 10" screen it is really hard to look at 25% of it. I want another 10" display so I can see everything large. If you are going from a 5-7" screen you will be amazed.

Windknotnc: Thanks for the reply. I currently have a 10" which is working fine.Maybe I should keep it and and bracket mount the other 10" thus having two 10". However, I am afraid to make the decision in case I am sorry that the bracket mount unit will obscure part of my vision out the front windows. What are your thoughts on this?

Mine is center mounted inside of the console electronics box. I could add another 10" easily inside the box. Obstruction of view is not an issue for me. What boat are you running?

windknotsc: I am running a 2520XL. The current 10" that I have along with the Yamaha gauges take up the available space in my console. If need I will take a picture on Sunday when I go to the boat.

Back