Single to twin conversion

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daydreamer

Reaction score
Thinking ahead a few years when I need to repower my 2510. Has anybody done a single to twin conversion with a bracketed boat? I know I would need a new bracket and controls. Maybe it would not make financial sense but I really like my 2510 but when I have 5 people, full of fuel and Ice it's a like sketchy coming out of the inlet. I could use a little more power. Other then that the 300 powers it just fine and don't think I would need any more speed.

Sounds like a candidate for a pair of 4 cylinder 200 HP motors.

My son informed the other day...Suzuki has dropped their 200 V6 for 2019 and only has a 200AP in a inline 4 cylinder.

I don't see any Big deal doing it. With those Suzuki's it will be fly-by wire controls....A second station is easy with a kit from Suzuki.

Daydreamer":1igl40xn said:
Thinking ahead a few years when I need to repower my 2510. Has anybody done a single to twin conversion with a bracketed boat? I know I would need a new bracket and controls. Maybe it would not make financial sense but I really like my 2510 but when I have 5 people, full of fuel and Ice it's a like sketchy coming out of the inlet. I could use a little more power. Other then that the 300 powers it just fine and don't think I would need any more speed.

I can't say that I haven't thought about doing the same to a 2300. But then my senses kicked in.

If you already have a 300hp on a 2510 (I assume you have the mv), then you really can't add any additional hp. Might you consider adding a smaller pitch prop to better handle the heavy load? Maybe have 2 props ..... one for normal conditions and a smaller pitch for heavy conditions.

Or buy a different boat.

Back