snapper catching

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipperdog

Reaction score
hey reelsatisfied have you been out lately.... we were out friday eve and ran to 100 foot saturday mornin with the 2 to 3 chop caught several snapper in the 30 inch size and some keeper red grouper...... thought i would drop a line in ...hope this finds you all doing well and catching some fish....

We ran out on Saturday to 90'.

Caught our limit in short time. We culled through the snapper, boat rule had to be at least 20" or better.

Gotta use that 2 fish limit wisely! :mrgreen:

Caught plenty of Red grouper and Gag grouper.

Had to cut it a little short. One of the crew did not like the 2-3 seas.

When I was heading in the river, I saw a 2530 with a single on the back loading up at the public ramp (east side of the river).

JTR":15mhrtnu said:
We ran out on Saturday to 90'.

Caught our limit in short time. We culled through the snapper, boat rule had to be at least 20" or better.

Gotta use that 2 fish limit wisely! :mrgreen:

Caught plenty of Red grouper and Gag grouper.

Had to cut it a little short. One of the crew did not like the 2-3 seas.

When I was heading in the river, I saw a 2530 with a single on the back loading up at the public ramp (east side of the river).

yes that would have been us around four o clock we have not been lucky enough to limit on the grouper yet what is the bait of choice although we did keep 3 snaper in the 30 inch range and two red grouper over 22 but not any gags....... thanks for the follow up we are headed back on friday mornin to try again...

hello, yes that was us loading the parker. we had some real nice snapper and a couple of grouper what bait are you using to limit on the grouper. we are looking at fishing friday mabe it will be a little smother , give a pointer on the grouper we can find lots of shorts not many keepers... thanks

We have been out the last two weekends in a row. Live bait and dead bait seem to work equally well.

The snapper like the pin fish and squid.

The grouper will hit anything in reach.

To minimize the the shorts on the grouper I put the largest bait on the hook. I have had good success using frozen LY's. I do not cut the LY's,I put the whole fish on the hook.

IMG_0815.jpg

In Carrabelle you can get the pin fish from Franks Bait and Tackle or go behind Dog Island and catch them.

C-Quarters will have the squid and LY's.

The Red Grouper above was caught in 85' using LY's. The keeper Gags should be 65'+ but don't rule out good bottom in shallower water. With the cooler temps lately the grouper should start to move off soon (if the temps stay low). If you want gag keepers you gotta stay away from the crowds and use big baits to keep the snapper and others off the hook. The snapper are thick in our area. To thick in my opinion. If you go out on Friday, post up and let me know if you had any luck.

On our next trip out we will be on the hunt again, searching a new area I have only been to once this year.

JTR":y75af6pz said:
We have been out the last two weekends in a row. Live bait and dead bait seem to work equally well.

The snapper like the pin fish and squid.

The grouper will hit anything in reach.

To minimize the the shorts on the grouper I put the largest bait on the hook. I have had good success using frozen LY's. I do not cut the LY's,I put the whole fish on the hook.

IMG_0815.jpg

In Carrabelle you can get the pin fish from Franks Bait and Tackle or go behind Dog Island and catch them.

C-Quarters will have the squid and LY's.

The Red Grouper above was caught in 85' using LY's. The keeper Gags should be 65'+ but don't rule out good bottom in shallower water. With the cooler temps lately the grouper should start to move off soon (if the temps stay low). If you want gag keepers you gotta stay away from the crowds and use big baits to keep the snapper and others off the hook. The snapper are thick in our area. To thick in my opinion. If you go out on Friday, post up and let me know if you had any luck.

On our next trip out we will be on the hunt again, searching a new area I have only been to once this year.

thanks for the reply things are a little slow here with the moderate temps so if we can the plan is to be dropping lines on friday leaving a couple of people here to work need to learn how to post pictures on the site.... thanks again ....mark

Back