So Convince Me...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buccaneer

Reaction score
After downsizing from a large boat, I am now really looking at the Parker 1801CC. I was aboard the 2120SC at last year's Annapolis Boat Show and was impressed with that model. Can anyone "sell" me on the 1801 boat? What makes Parker so unique? Are there very many problems inherent with new boats? How is the ride with two, or three people? Any handling problems? Trailering? Convince me, please (not that it won't take too much...). Any and all answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Part of what makes Parker so unique is that they are built like a tank and they are very durable. Plus the boats are very user friendly and constructed in a way which allows room to personalize or customize it the way that works for you. Lastly, there is this Classic Parker board. There's lots of info and great people here willing to help you out.
------
I guess you should ask yourself where you are going to fish and how many people you will be fishing with. When you have answered those questions honestly and decide on a boat, buy the same boat just the next size up. Because like many of us, if you don't you will be in the market for a larger boat within a year or two.

Hey Buc,

I will just add this. Each and every time I have had something rigged or done to my boat which involved the hull or superstructure the mechanic involved has commented on how well the boat is put together.
Go to the Parker site and they will give you a step by step description of how they build their hulls.
The process of creating a fiberglass hull when done properly is a complicated task. You can cover up a lot of mistakes during the process with a good gel coat so that the flaws won't be evident for a long time.
Parker is a family run, one boat at a time type operation.
Top quality and design equates to long life and maintaining appearance which equates to money in your pocket when you trade next time.

Capt Hub

I just purchased a new 1801 and I pick it up this week. This is my first boat and I looked long and hard at many different makes and models and the Parker 1801 won. In my opinion out of all the boats I looked at it felt the best when I stood on the deck, the fit and finish was excellent, the size of the boat was right, and it was the best for me. It was at the top end of my budget, and I felt it was worth the extra dollars. The single most thing I love about the Parker brand is the simplicity, and the attention to detail that I did not see in other brands. I have never heard a person say a bad thing about a Parker and I asked alot of people and other boat brand salesman. I also wanted a 2120 pilothouse, someday. If you have any other questions just ask.

Parker is the boat to get you home when the weather turns, built like a tank and strong as an ox. Example my 25 still has a solid transom and can take bad weather better than alot of boats built today. Thick and solid ask any boat repair shop. Mine is an 1988 and still going strong !

Attachments

• Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 670
I came up the bay the other day in 17 to 25 knot winds. The boat took a beating and so did I but the boat took it and got me home. I think the boat can handle more than me.

Back