SoCal Get Together May 1st. 2010

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoldenState":354czbw4 said:
The date is not set as I am waiting on the sponser. We should know soon.

Thanks for the heads up and the additional information. Look forward to meeting more parker owners.

Attachments

• 108856109108IMG_1678-med.jpg
    108856109108IMG_1678-med.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,596
We have nailed down a date for the 2010 Parker Get Together to be held on Catalina Island. It will be on Saturday May 1st.

We plan on getting to the Island on Friday and staying until Sunday. I was thinking of Long Point but I am up for suggestions.

I don’t see in issue with the date, but I won’t know for sure until we get closer. Work seems to getting in the way a lot these days. But in this economy I’m not going to complain.

Do we have any kind of itinerary set up? We should be able to find a couple of good tides coming off the full moon. So with a little luck we can find some fish for the BBQ.

I will try to get there sounds like a lot of good times and a chance to trade some ideas

Joe,

Any more word on the Parker rally in Catalina? Sponsor? Etc.

Although I won't be able to make it (work in the way), I'm stoked to see this happen and look forward to some pictures.

All the best, and many thanks for getting this going.

Jtwo

Hey Joe, thanks for the return phone call. Rick here in Santa Ynez, as long as the weather is good we will be there Fri., Sat., and out on Sun. Looking forward to a great trip. I will talk to you later on specifics as we get close. Thanks for makin it happin.

OK guys and gals let’s get the ball rolling. We need to get some kind of game plan for this Rendezvous. Joe’s a little busy so let’s give him a hand. Last year was a blast but we never really got to do much as a group. Since it was the first time we got together, just checking out each other’s boats and getting to know one another was enough. The pot luck worked out great so I think we should do that again. I just don’t know what to do as far as timing. We should have seabass around so what’s a good time to get together?

Maybe we can find some nice water to see what a Parker looks like going 50+MPH. I know somebody’s got those big twins.

We really should try to get some pictures of all the boats. I mean it’s really hard to get a nice pic of your own boat so let’s try to do a photo shoot, hint, hint, Dave.

How about a casting contest, or all bet a few of the guys would love a back flip contest. We only have a couple of weeks, come on and throw out some ideas.

ALTHOUGH I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN THE FUN...what about:
FRI -
Caravan for SD boats trailering north? or North boats trailering south?
Meet time at the 2nd St. Ramp in Long Beach for all boats launched?
Group run to the Island? (Two Harbors - Isthmus Cove - east side)
Buffalo Milk lunch in Two Harbors?
Boat open house and Ideas 3 til 6
Optional - Boatpool to Avalon for dinner or Two Harbors Cafe
SAT -
Mini Fish on tourney / Round the Island Run 7 am - 1 pm
Group photo 2 pm (Cat Harbor - west side - photo from hill top near by would be excellent!) Optional overnight in Cat harbor?
Pot Luck and camaraderie 5 - til?
SUN -
Speed exhibition 8 - 10 @ Ship Rock - outside Isthmus Cove.
Plans for next year...
Departing boat photos 11

This might be a little too regimented for some, but just typing this, I'd think this would be a killer three days.

Take what you like and enjoy.

Jtwo

I am just heard about this and am going to have to kick some things aside that weekend to get there! I am in Redondo Beach and have a 2310 all ready to go!!!!
Also, I just installed 2 Seaspension pedestals so it will be a smooooooth ride now!!!
Sean

Alright folks,
Lets set a solid location and time to meetup Saturday afternoon. How does Long Point at 1 pm sound?

In no way do I want to throw a monkey wrench into the plans here but my concern is the weather....The Weather Channel is predicting rain..... :cry:

Not really a problem for the XX20's with their nice enclosed pilot houses and all but us with the XX10's may get a little wet, even with the eisenglass!

Also, I live one minute from King Harbor in Redondo Beach and there is a public launch, it is a 'sling' lift and not a ramp.

Anyway, point being is if anybody from out of town wants to come down early, like the night before, I can host a guy or 2 at my house overnight and there is parking for truck and trailers.
Just throwing that out there...

You can Google Map my house at: 518 N. Juanita Redondo Beach, CA 90277.
Let me know: 310-489-5225

Take Care
Sean

Updated weather report confirms 0% chance of rain and temps in the 70's.

We will have to watch the weather and see what it actually does.

I’m still up in the air for this weekend, I think I have to work. It does however sound like we want to keep it simple and just do a pot luck for lunch and see what else happens. It also sounds like most of the fish are up to the west, so we may want to get together somewhere in that area. Joe should be back now so maybe he will have a few ideas also.

INNER WATERS FROM POINT MUGU TO SAN MATEO PT. CA INCLUDING SANTA
CATALINA AND SANTA BARBARA ISLANDS-
902 AM PDT TUE APR 27 2010

GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY
NIGHT

TODAY
SE WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AT 11
SECONDS. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.

TONIGHT
W TO NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 25 KT.
WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AT 11 SECONDS. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.

WED
W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT WITH
FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35 KT POSSIBLE BY AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 6 TO
8 FT WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 11 SECONDS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.

WED NIGHT
W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35
KT. COMBINED SEAS 7 TO 10 FT.

THU
W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35 KT.
COMBINED SEAS 7 TO 9 FT.

THU NIGHT
W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35
KT. COMBINED SEAS 7 TO 9 FT.

FRI
W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 30 KT.
COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

SAT
W TO NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.

Updated marine forecast for the weekend, looking much improved!

Sat
Wind variable 10 kt or less...becoming W 15 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 ft. W swell 3 to 5 ft.

Sun
W winds around 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft. W swell 3 to 5 ft.

Looking like its a go!

Sorry guys my Mom has cancer and I am up in Seattle with her during her last days

Back