Software to reduce pic file size

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
There exists free software that takes a pic file such as jpg and strips off any unnecessary data but leaves the pic data. Does anyone know of this software and where I can get a copy. This will reduce some of my pics file size so that Classic Parker will accept them.

Yes : ) The Paint application will do this for you. What version of Windows are you running? (how you do this will depend on your OS).

And for future reader's sake, with a Mac, you can open the image in Preview and then reduce to the desired size with Tools/Adjust Size.

m

Another simpler way is to adjust your camera.

People keep their camera's set at High resolution so they can have that once in a lifetime pix
blown up.

I find this a waste for me. Furthermore the sized down pixs send in a email much easier.

640 X 480 or very close to that is the correct size.

Changing the camera once means not have to mess with every pix.

It also means you don't have 2 of the same pix's in the file...The original and a Copy that is downsized. Life is much easier. :)

Ok, here is my suggestion for Win7. But let me add that these other ones are equally valid too : )

1-Open your oversized image in Paint.
2-Resave it under a different name (so you keep the original)
3-Select Resize from the Home tab.
4-Select you desired size
5-Hit Save

Now, go post some pictures!

Mark

"Microsoft downloads" has free photo resizer for most of their operating systems that work really quick and easy. It may also be provided by outside web sites like c-net, softonic, etc. but if you use these sites do a manual install to avoid the attached junk you don't want.

Back